Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My buck from 11-17-08

Old 03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My buck from 11-17-08

ORIGINAL: early in

As far as my comment on stiching goes. You're correct, I'm no taxi, but I do know certain proper procedures regarding cape prep, asI've watched professional guides do it several times.These are are the guys whogive you what you'll have to work with.
Also, the guywho said"Can you take a pic of the neck of the deer and post it up for me please? I want to see the stich job" is indeed asking a question regarding stich work. My comment "If it was caped properly, you should see nothing" is certainly a reasonable answer to that question. Me being a taxi or not! My answerwas fact, not opinion.
Lastly, if someoneshowed me (being an arborist) a pic of work done by another tree man, and I saw it didn't agree with the way I would have done it, NO I wouldn't say that to the person. Idon't slander other peoples work. It's buyer beware out there, and if someone needs to learn the hard way, so be it. BUT, by the same token, if that same person said, "Jeff what do you think of thework I had done on my tree's"? I would THEN, andONLYTHEN, give them my thoughts on their tree work. Now do you understand?
Sorry for negating my pull from this thread....

Sure maybe I used poor judgement in this case but its hard to educate people on the matter without making them reconsider their mount. My first post was that it was a great buck but poor mount. Maybe what I should have said was "consider shopping around when you get your next deer mounted". But really I don't think his response of "whats wrong with it" would have been any different no matter how you tell him anything other than it looks ok....
-My point here is that its not right to tell the people with negative comments that they can't state them and that only positive comments are welcome.
-Sure a neutral comments of "nice buck" with no comment on the mount would be the best answer by all.
-However,if positive comments like "nice mount" "looks good" are ok to say then all negative comments should be just as fair to say....

Splitting the cape seam is hardly cape prep.Your answer was a fact but a bogus untrue fact. Not sure why you don't get that and think you gave good information or know enough about the matter to give it there. Sure the cape job makes a difference but essentially the splitting of the seam haslittle affect on the outcome unless it was completely butchered and hacked up.I can make aruff caped seam look excatly the same as a perfectly caped one (hidden completely).

Trees
To make that kind of a statementgives the impression thatyou don't care enough about your proffesion or trees (our mounts)in general to help someone out in their future. Sure, buyer beware, they'lllearnthe hard way but guess what?? They can't learn the hard way unless you teach them what right from wrong is.

If a newby posted a thread saying hey look at these tree stands I got for this season and was all proud of himself and alot ofthe vetrans know they are terrible treestands and there is much better ones out there for the same price. I sure hope people would inform the person and give him some advice for the future and not sit on the side lines saying good for you you will be happy with those stands. WCL
Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

Wingchaser - please do me one personnal favor, "prolly" is not a word, "probably" is. I hate that one
Its just so much simpler haha, you bet though.I use that alot on stuff like this for some reason. "cuz" for because I use alot too. Never in letter or school writing though. I'll try to quit. WCL
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wingchaser, either you're as thickheaded as they come, oryou just enjoy being arguementative, which would be typical of todays collage kid.Why don't you re-read the last post that was made regarding my thoughts on this subject.Your attempt at intelectualizing isn't amusing, actually it's quite sad. Youreally need to take a course in etiquette! I'm done with talking tothe wall. Unlike you, I mean it.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all of the comments from you guys.. Like I said, I am not going to get offended by what anyone says. I can see the differences between mine and some that you guys have posted and you guys are doing a great job! I haven't really studied deer mounts, but from what I have seen in person in my life, I don't think I have seen a whole lot better quality than the one I have. That is probably why mine looks fine to me. Maybe there really aren't many very good taxi's around here, or maybe people just aren't willing to pay for it. I think I will look around before next year just in case I get another one that is worthy. I think mine looks nice, but she did a pretty poor job on my brother's compared to mine even, so I don't think she will get another one of mine.. Problem is now I have to find a good one.. Once again thanks for the input, I will enjoy and appreciate the mount and I think more importantly the hunt and the memories he gave me.. Hopefully I can find his brother next fall!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Another thing I was going to say, I appreciate the honesty. I am not a big fan of the threads where there are pages and pages of "nice buck" comments. It is nice to be congratulated from your peers, but I like the brutal honesty. I like the, "should have let him grow" comments.. So yeah, if you ever see me post pics again, give it to me straight!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rimjob_rob

I like the, "should have let him grow" comments.. So yeah, if you ever see me post pics again, give it to me straight!
OK, I'll give it to you straight. If that same buck had walked in front of me he wouldn't have gotten a chanceto do anymore growing! How's that?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Well as long as you are honest!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kyle, I hate to go off on another tangent, but where in the HELL did you come up with a username like rimjob?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cuz when he plays b-ball his shots always rimmed out, duh. lol jk
Old 03-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Actually, when I was in school we had a dude that played basketball, whose name was rob, and we called him Rimjob Rob. Then a couple of years ago, I was doing a bunch of research on .17 HMR's cause I wanted to buy one, and I signed up on another website as rimjob_rob because it seemed fitting and kind of funny. And it just stuck..

Quick Reply: My buck from 11-17-08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.