HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Hear we go !!! Money, money, more money (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/287247-hear-we-go-money-money-more-money.html)

TRACKER 02-22-2009 08:58 AM

Hear we go !!! Money, money, more money

I no it may not sound like much but gosh darn .
Our NY. hunting license fee,s are going up .
$ 10.00 for alll regular big game , bow , muzzleloader etc. and $ 20.00 more for the super sportsman .
Not sure what there actualy using the money for but I dont see anything done towards conservation in my area ..????
I no its a recession move , but I believe there robbing Peter to pay Paul ...

jerry d 02-22-2009 09:05 AM

RE: Hear we go !!! Money, money, more money

NY State is in finanical disaray!!!!! They're looking to grab nickels & dimes every which way they can,including the NYS Troopers giving out more tickets.
The money increase on the license will go toward the sport as much as the lotto money went toward education.

TRACKER 02-22-2009 09:20 AM

Got that right ,,
NY government is money hungry .

Mottz 02-22-2009 09:56 AM

$30 for a deer permit here and $24 for a turkey permit. I'll pay your $10 if you want to pay my $30;)

patchholder 02-22-2009 10:19 AM

It's 27 here and we caught them in the act the money was supposed to go into conservation but was going elsewhere. Also they were taking are money for was supposed to go towards donating deer to homeless and now you can't even donate deer because some scientist found lead in it:eek:

Remnard 02-22-2009 12:06 PM

If the state of Connecticut has their way this year our license fees will double. I just read somewhere that if they push it through, we will pay almost 100 dollars more for a full sportsman license than it would cost a Ct resident to buy a NEW YORK STATE license!

All license fees go to the general (degenerate fund)fund in CT and I am sure its the same way in the peoples republik of New York.

rozman62 02-22-2009 12:28 PM

I pay $110 now for a non-resident NY license. Oh let me guess. Now I am going to paying $130-140?

nyhunter89 02-22-2009 05:59 PM

Ya know how they are trying to get younger people out hunting,... how are we suppost to do that when it is allready 50or 60bucks for a sportsman licence and now they want to raise it more? I got to say that i think this is BULL**** People tell kids to find a job to pay forstuff like thatbut i find that hard to do when you have to fight aginst adults that have years of experience that need the jobs more cause companies are going brock and need to lay them off. Iknow that i can manage but still..come on!

TRACKER 02-22-2009 06:58 PM

I believe the super sportsman in NY. will now be $ 88.00 .
It will cost $41.00 for a NY res. big game license .

jerry d 02-23-2009 03:02 AM

They also raised the the 4 wheel drive beach access permit & the camp hero permit.
Next they'll bring back pay public toilets.

mossberghunter93 02-23-2009 06:37 AM

That aint too bad my fees are 25 for a license and 10-25 for deer tags.

CamoCop 02-23-2009 06:39 AM

our resident hunting license are approximately $17.50. then if you don't lease or own land and have to hunt public land, you tack on another $27.00. so $44.50 will get you deer hunting with a modern firearm on public land. if you bowhunt, muzzleload hunt or turkey hunt, you will be tacking on another $5.50 per each one. now if you intend to duck hunt, you'll need to purchase a state AND federal duck stamp, which i don't know the cost because i don't duck hunt. so i'm normally out approximately $61.00 a year just in hunting licenses. if you freshwater and/or saltwater fish, that'll be another $17.50 each. basically each year the state of florida gouges me approximately $96.00 for hunting/fishing licenses.

superstrutter 02-23-2009 07:08 AM

Save some money and buy a lifetime license. Most states offer this. I have one and it paid for itself in just five years. All I will have to pay for the rest of my life is a Fed. duck stamp. Does your state offer alifetime license? If so, it would be very wise to purchase one.

CamoCop 02-23-2009 08:04 AM

yes, but it's around $1,300.00 and i can't afford that in 1 shot

superstrutter 02-23-2009 10:48 AM

Ouch! In LA. it's $300 for a lifetime hunting and $500 for a lifetime hunting/fishing combo. Even at that price, it's still a good idea to get it, that is if you plan on hunting for a long time. I can understand though not wanting to spend that much. That's why you need to start saving up now.

gspguy73 02-23-2009 01:36 PM

I think you are going to see the prices for licenses go up all over. It's just a sign of the times I think. I hope I'm wrong.

SteveBNy 02-23-2009 06:26 PM

$88 - most I know pay at least that for a sight for thier bow.

Sabot slugs are $3 plus each for the gunhunter.

Cost of the license is a very small part of the cost to hunt.
I would like the money to stay with the sportsman's programs.

Steve

fastetti 02-24-2009 08:34 AM

If the money goes right back to the conservation efforts in the state I have no problem with throwing in afew extra dollarsa year. With how much money I spend on gear, trip expenses and such, A few extra bucks isn't going to make or break me. $30 for my deer gun licenses, $25 for my archery tags. $20 for my combo fishing and hunting license and $5 for my habitat stamp isn't to brutal. Its when I have to start paying around $150 for a single buck tag in Michigan and another $100 for a doe tag. Thats when it gets pricey. Anyone who hunts out of state knows that they license purchase is a big hit on the wallet but in state prices I will never complain about when I hear what out of state hunters pay in Illinois!

kevin1 02-24-2009 09:28 AM

A single round of golf can run $50+, a ticket to an NBA game is at least that in most venues, less than $100 to hunt for months still sounds like a bargain to me...;)

hometheaterman 02-24-2009 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

Save some money and buy a lifetime license. Most states offer this. I have one and it paid for itself in just five years. All I will have to pay for the rest of my life is a Fed. duck stamp. Does your state offer alifetime license? If so, it would be very wise to purchase one.
I bought one of those this past year. I think it was $255 here but i'm not positive on that. The thing that sucks about it is it only covers your basic hunting license to hunt squirrels, rabbits, etc. If I decide I want to deer hunt or turkey hunt I have to buy a big game license still which is $18 and then if I want to use a muzzle loader that's another $18. Bow hunting is another $18 but since I don't bow hunt I don't usually get that. So basically I'm still paying $36 a year with a lifetime license. That's if prices stay the same they are now.

WVCritter 02-24-2009 02:57 PM

When I was 36, I bought a West Virginia lifetime hunting and fishing license and also a lifetime trout stamp for $400 and that was 20 years ago. I can take 1 deer of either sex in archery season, 1 buck in gun season, 1 deer of either sex in muzzleloader season, 2 turkeys and all the small game I care to hunt or trap. I can fish anywhere in the state and never have to buy another trout stamp or conservation or national forest stamp until I'm 65 and then it's all free anyway. It was the best investment I ever made but when I bought it 20 years ago, my wife thought I was out of my gord.