Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Do you hunt solo or in a group? >

Do you hunt solo or in a group?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you hunt solo or in a group?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:37 AM

Default RE: Do you hunt solo or in a group?

i usually hunt alone but in bow season hunt with my nefhew at times.helps sometimes to have someone there to help drag the deer.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

When Im deer hunting Im alone 95% of the time. If the weather is crappy or Ive already bagged my deer, I'll sit with a buddy if the blind is big enough. I have to go on overnite trips to deer hunt so if Im deer hunting I usually have my father or one of my hunting buddies on the trip with me.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Solo or in a very small family circle and more often than not we don't really hunt together we hunt knowing where each other are.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

i usually bow hunt by myself. i gun hunt by myself unless nothings moving then we go on drives.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt solo with a muzzleloader most of the time. I have no tolerance for people who don't take hunting as seriously as I do. Therefore I won't hunt with them. I really want to get into bow hunting, but I know I will become obsessed with it so I refuse to give in.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

bow season im solo...

rifle and flintlock season i am almost always with my crew...just me and a couple good buddies...once in a while we got a couple tag alongs but for the most part theres only a couple of us doing pushes for eachother...

hunting solo from a stand in PAs rifle and flintlock season is often going to lead to frustration...only deer youll see will be ones other guys pushed...but if its not the opener or saturdays, there arent that many guys in the woods...but the pressure those days is more than heavy enough to keep them from straying too far in the daylight....
Old 02-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

During rifle season on weekends I hunt with my dad, grandpa, and uncle, though we sit seperately we meet up for lunch and usually put on a couple drives before sitting the evening. During the week if I am off I hunt alone and during muzzleloader unless dad comes, I hunt alone. Nice part about going it alone is you aren't on anyones schedule, however, some of the best times are around the campfire at lunch listening to the old stories.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:37 AM

a little bit of both!

Old 02-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

99 percent of the time it is my wife and I hunting. She has hunted with me since and even before we were married, I used to hunt with her brothers and she was almost always with them. She always field dressed her older brothers deer for him.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt solo almost all of the time, but sometimes with my BIL, as long as he is a good 1/4-1/2 mile away. Comes in handy when I need to load my deer.

Quick Reply: Do you hunt solo or in a group?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.