Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Do you hunt solo or in a group? >

Do you hunt solo or in a group?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you hunt solo or in a group?

Old 02-16-2009, 02:29 PM

Default Do you hunt solo or in a group?

I just wanted to get a bit of a consensus as to how folks here hunt, is it typically with a group? or do you go at it solo? personnally i've hunted with a group of friends twice and it was o.k. but i much prefer hunting solo. although i may get into duck hunting and i suppose duck hunting lends itself to group hunting more than any other. and my son is 7 so in a few more years i'll probably start going out with him.

i hope this is the right spot for this poll and question, if not i apologize in advance.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Do you hunt solo or in a group?

i really dont hunt solo and i dont really hunt in a group i have to hunt with my dad because im not old enough to hunt by my self
Old 02-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

I'll sit solo for deer in rifle, but will group up to put on drives.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Spike

Im solo for Bow, muzzleloader, and shotgun...

Had a buddy of mine get into bow hunting this year and I took him with me a few times, we have exclusive permission to hunt about 50 acres which for jersey is a lot! Well of all the places to set up his stand it was maybe 80 yards from mine. I could hear him making noise from his stand the first day, the second day he comes stolling past my stand at about 7:15, right around dusk, whistling, after telling him that night he's gotta be quiet, I sat quietly all day, only to have him come walking past my stand AGAIN at dusk!! Went out alone the next day, saw 2 does and passed up a spike...dont think its irony! So im solo now, with the exception of my father when he wants to come up!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:31 PM

9 times out of 10 I'm doing my own thing. But sometimes me and dad will set up an ambush
Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

99% of the time i hunt by myself. Every once in a while my cousin and i will hunt together but not very often.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:00 PM

Just me and my .270, thats all i need
Old 02-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Spike

I typically hunt with one other person. I either hunt with my dad or my best friend. Occasionally I will go on a group hunt, but that's not the norm. I do not like to hunt solo for safety reasons. I may be 300+ yards from my hunting partner, but I think it is important to have someone else in the woods with you that knows were you are. I like to know that if I fall and get hurt, someone knows were I am at and someone will be coming to check on me if I don't come out when we designated. Just me. Besides, I like the fellowship of being with fellow hunters and sharing the sport I love.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

All the above...somtimes alone and sometimes in a group.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:34 AM

I voted solo rifle,but I do hunt with a partner not a group.We usually hunt the same area,but we'll be miles apart so I call that solo.We partner up really as a way of being safe.If one of us were to get hurt we can call on our cell phones for help.

Quick Reply: Do you hunt solo or in a group?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.