Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Got my mount back from 1-17-09 >

Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Looks good to me. Congrats on a fine buck, and mount.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Buck, but I agree with some others about the taxidermy work. Looks almost like the Taxi forgot to tuck the tearducts. And the color on the eyes and ears aren't right.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Well just for an update to those that responded to what I posted after 16 months my taxi finally called and said my mount was done. I'll pick it up this week as long as everything looks alright with it and post pics.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

This just REALLY chaps my azz ...here is a guy who post pictures of a very nice buck that he is EXTREAMLY proud of and from the second post some start slamming his mount ....I don't recall him asking for opinions on what kind of work we thought his taxie did ...he was just proud to have gotten the mount back and wanted to share it with us ... BB thats a nice buck and you should be proud of him as for all the criticism tell them to stick it in their ear !

dd
Old 03-16-2009, 07:06 AM

DD is right... i think it was nice but then again all i can see is the pic. so its up to you if it is good or not, when you get it back post pics of it
Old 03-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

A couple things, first and foremost---Nice Buck, you should be proud!
Then, on the taxidermy, hard to say without really looking at it in person, but, if the guys says something like "Well, I just figured.........." If it starts with that, it means he messed up something and is trying to hide it. I would have said "Let me see my own cape and see what we can do" If he could not come up with it in short order, then I would start getting upset. If he really just wanted to get it on a larger form and HONESTLY thought you would like it better, fine, give him a chance to fix it until YOU are happy with it. Like someone else said, the cape is the one he had and should be used unless the hunter hacked it up for some reason. At that point the hunter should expect to pay more for the mount since the taxi needed to find a new cape. Either way, would love an update, it's a great buck.
Dandbuck
Old 03-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

This just REALLY chaps my azz ...here is a guy who post pictures of a very nice buck that he is EXTREAMLY proud of and from the second post some start slamming his mount ....I don't recall him asking for opinions on what kind of work we thought his taxie did ...he was just proud to have gotten the mount back and wanted to share it with us ... BB thats a nice buck and you should be proud of him as for all the criticism tell them to stick it in their ear !
X2
Old 04-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Spike

you need a new taxidermist, the eyes look messed up and it just doesnt look realistik
Old 04-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

That sucks that you had your trophy ruined at the hands of a supposed to be "professional". Hopefully he gets it right. I would have refused that at the time I saw it. That deer looks borderline OK but chances are would fall apart in less that 5 years and look really crappy.
Time is of the essance when it comes to good taxidermy work. One thing I try not to do is put any pressure on my taxidermist. I pick it up when he is finished and satisfied. He has had my Bobcatfor over 2 years now (I added a quail)but no rush. I expect when I get anything back it looks REAL! My deer heads (I have two there now), are no exception.
Good luck next time...
Old 04-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: OntElk

Nice deer but I can't say I am impressed with the taxidermy. Deer looks like he has an infection or something in his nose and eye ducts. I think a good job looks "alive". Hard to explain but you know it when you see it. I don't see it there. I believe a good taxi isn't turning a quality job around in that short a time. If he's good he has too much bsuiness to even think of doing that quick.

It is a beatuy buck you got. Congrats!
That'a a great buck. Congrats.I waited 15 months to get this guy back. I think he looksquite "alive" and I couldn't be happier with themount.

BTW That is a great mount!! I think I should do my next one like that can you tell me what form that is (Ie full sneek etc.) It looks like "sniffin' doe arse" too me.

Quick Reply: Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.