Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Got my mount back from 1-17-09 >

Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Old 02-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Well, I took it back to him to tell him about my dissatisfaction. He admitted to using another cape. He said he thought he was doing me a favor by using a slightly larger form and larger cape as most of his customers wanted the deer to be as large as possible. I talked to him about everything I didn't like. He is completely remounting it and hopefully he will get it right this time. I provided pictures to him of what the deer looked like right after the kill and told him that I wanted my deer to look exactly like what it looks like in the picture.

Hedoes chargea lower price than some of the others around the area but I went to him because he was reccomended to me by others. It wasn't about spending less. We will see what he turns out this time. If it still doesn't look good I will be asking for my money back and take it to someone else. I seriously doubtI will ever use him again. Too bad because he is a very very nice person. His work just isn't up to par.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll bet the truth is that he either messed up your original cape or let it spoil. The worse thing about that mount is the positioning of the eyes, and I don't like the lacquered antlers either. I have never seen a deer in the wild with lacquered antlers.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

AWESOME DEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck congrats.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck, to bad you are having Taxi issues. Like others have said most good taxidermist are 1 year out on work. Mine sometimes takes almost 2 years, but the work blows others out of the water.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I couldn't get a deer back in under a year, I would take it somewhere else. Either he has too much to do or isn't working hard enough. 6-9 months is a more reasonable time to wait.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Well, I took it back to him to tell him about my dissatisfaction. He admitted to using another cape. He said he thought he was doing me a favor by using a slightly larger form and larger cape as most of his customers wanted the deer to be as large as possible. I talked to him about everything I didn't like. He is completely remounting it and hopefully he will get it right this time. I provided pictures to him of what the deer looked like right after the kill and told him that I wanted my deer to look exactly like what it looks like in the picture.

Hedoes chargea lower price than some of the others around the area but I went to him because he was reccomended to me by others. It wasn't about spending less. We will see what he turns out this time. If it still doesn't look good I will be asking for my money back and take it to someone else. I seriously doubtI will ever use him again. Too bad because he is a very very nice person. His work just isn't up to par.
Wow....he used another cape without telling you or asking you. Amazing. Thats about like taking your car into a shop and them giving you back a different one. [&:]

I hope he does a nice job this time around....but honestly, I think I would have said ...where is my cape, and my money back.
Good luck BB...and nice buck.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:29 AM

Congratulations on a GREAT buck! Hard for me to tell how good/bad the taxi job is unless I see it in person (and I'm no expert)....my mounts don't have all that pink by the eyes and in the nostrils though
Old 02-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck Bigbulls! Hope this guy gets it right this time. Its a great buck, and deserves to be a good mount.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 AM

Thats a nice buck!

Quick Reply: Got my mount back from 1-17-09

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.