Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands >

Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands

Old 02-11-2009, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ****s Field and Stream Tree Stands

ORIGINAL: tmontgo1That stand was $50 before and during season. When i went in after season, I saw a huge sale sign on that stand and got excited, and the sale sign said WAS: $97, NOW:$49.99. So be careful seeing great deals from there.
ORIGINAL: D Rock
Yeah we have some unique ways of listing the prices. I can tell you there are a lot of people who get confused over the signage on items. It is a corporate standard signage program that doesn't make sence to anyone.
I think I know who it makes sense to.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:41 AM

I have a few of their stands. Change the straps before you hang them.

Field and Stream is the same as comfort zone.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Yeah those prices are not anything to write home about. I bought (2) 15ft 1-man at Menards in Marion, IL (southern IL)for 39 bucks each and(2) 2-man stands there for some youth hunts (gotta have a non-hunting partner) for 119 bucks each.

Kicker is that we bought the 15ft 1-man stands really just for the safety harnesses they all come with now. We had been over to the Rural King and all they had were small harnesses which wouldn't fit the kids so we wound up at Menard's.

Now we have a couple brand new 15ft stands sitting in the hayloft on stand-by. Can use them as something quick to put out if a spot needs something real quick like.

Now I livein N.E. IL and I have seensome of the Menard's that never had carried deer stands will start having them in the store. And when they don't sell well they clear them out real cheap rather than taking them off the shelves and shipping them either back to warehouses or to stores where they sell more out in more rural areas.
Uncle Matt, If you don't mind me asking, where are you hunting around Marion? I stayed in Marion this year shotgun hunting down there this year (Saline Co.). Im also located in N.E. Illinois. Nothing like that drive down 57 a day or two before the season starts. Also, How'd you do if you were hunting down there. That cold weather first season made for a great opening day!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands

Well I got 2 field & stream stands for christmas from my grandpa. I just didnt put them out. i filled my buck tag 2 days after christmas and with a month left in archery season, i didnt wanna have to take them back down after a month. i will just wait until august.
I got the 15' Whitetail Ladder stand and the Hunter Hang on with a 16' Climbing stick.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Spike

Default Deer stands

Are you interested in deer hunting. What do you think about deer stands. Please have a look here: Deer stands
Old 12-07-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one of those they are nice except that it was kinda narrow and hard to turn around in.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been satisfied w/ my cheap lock on's from there... prob wouldn't sit all day in one though..
Old 12-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

3 out of 4 of my stands are from Dick's, they work fine and are sturdy. I weigh a 275 and have never felt unsafe. The person who said they feel like they are going to fall out probably put the stand on a tree that is tipping forward. I have done that before and they are incredibly uncomfortable. It best to put them leaning back a bit. I have one with a skirt, one that is a little more durable with the foot rest and one that is bare bones. All three work great and are quiet. I shot a doe out of one last year, and the giant buck I posted was shot out of the one with the skirt this gun season. I really like the skirts, they have pockets to put calls, a book, snacks and I feel like I can move more when I am covered from the waist down. I have seen them for 39.99 before but 50 is the typical price. Mine are 15' ladderstands

Last edited by earnabuck; 12-07-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

few years back I bought 2 or 3 cheapo specials from there, give them a good look, as the ones I bought were cheap! I'm looking to sell them and replace them with ladderstands.

I'm done buying cheap stands, I'd rather overpay on quality than save a few bucks on junk. You can usually find something nice at a fair price though.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Spike

I can't say I hate them or love them but they are sturdy and fairly priced, esp. if you watch them and catch them on sale.
I have the Hunter deluxe Ladder and the Prime Time Lite climber.
I had the Comfort Zone Stealth climber but it was to heavy. ( steel version of the Primer Time)
If the person who was in charge of their stand designs put just a little bit more thought into them they would be GREAT stands.
Example, the PT lite climber, great stand minus the seat which is bulky and loud. Change it to a net sliding seat and that stand would rank a bunch higher. Include a clamping device to hold the stand together while transporting.
The Hunter Deluxe ladder stand, sturdy, not super heavy but make the seat flip up or once again put a net seat on it because it is a decent gun season stand but that dang seat gets in the way of your footing for archery. Also get rid of the theif deturent removable ladder section and come up will a long ladder locking system instead.

As you can see I use them and they are great because if you catch them onsale with a coupon they are dirt cheap, less hit to the pocket when/if they are stolen.
I do a few things to try to prevent that, replace the d-pins with lock nuts and bolts, and cable the thing to the tree and down the ladder sections, locking the cables with middle pin locks vs reg old pad locks so you cant get cutters in.

Quick Reply: Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.