Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting in SE Oklahoma near Broken Bow??? >

Hunting in SE Oklahoma near Broken Bow???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting in SE Oklahoma near Broken Bow???

Old 02-07-2009, 05:50 AM

Default Hunting in SE Oklahoma near Broken Bow???

I have some relation that has ground just east of Broken Bow, OK in the southeast corner of the state. They have been hounding me for the last couple years to come down and try the hunting. They say that the turkey and hog hunting is great as well as the deer hunting. I am just looking for some info from fellow hunters that might be more intimate w/ the region. I am wanting to try it out this coming spring turk season and use that opportunity as a scouting trip for deer. Thank you for any info....

Old 02-07-2009, 10:37 AM

Default RE: Hunting in SE Oklahoma near Broken Bow???

Here are two bucks that my uncle and cousin took in 2008 near Daisy OK in the SE part of the state. I think the turkey hunting is harder than in the western part of the state, but there are quite a few turkeys down there. The deer hunting is pretty good from what I hear and see, but I hunt in the northern part of the state so I cant speak from experience. I hope this helps some.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The S.E. part of the state holds some decent deer. I hunt in the S.E. part of the state and I would say the deer average from 130 -140 in my area, but I have seen a few 150+.

Now, the North part of the state near the Kansas border holds some real monsters. Oklahoma is a great state to hunt from turkeys, hogs, deer etc.. If you are serious about hunting it next year I would go put down a gravity feeder and a camera and see what happens.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:23 PM

Thanks guys... That has really helped me make the decision to take the time and give it a try. I think I will head down there next opportunity I have off work. Thanks again!!