HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Is this for real? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/285304-real.html)

huntinboy1122 02-04-2009 10:02 AM

Is this for real?

A friend had emailed me this story. Yet while it would be very impressive, you still have to ask yourself if it is for real? Just wondering what you guys think and wanted to share and spread the story.

"Supposedly a family had leased some land East of Mahnomen, MN and
have pretty much done nothing with the land besides raise BIG bucks, well
last year they found out they were losing the lease so they decide to
do some intensive hunting since it would be their last chance.
After 25 years of trophy deer management these folks found out they
were losing their lease. They went buck wild and I don't blame them."

huskers1w 02-04-2009 10:42 AM

RE: Is this for real?

Ahhhhhhhhh.... Wow????

Jim_IV 02-04-2009 10:59 AM

No it isn't, look at some of the deer's eyes and ears. Some of those deer are shoulder mounted

Lanse couche couche 02-04-2009 11:03 AM

Staged pic with mounts. The only authentic thing about it is that one really couldkill that many big bucks in a short time onmany "managed" operations.

UncleNorby 02-04-2009 11:06 AM

To shoot that many deer in one season you would have to have access to many, many acres.

Doesn't matter how long you manage for big deer, you'll only get so many big ones to stay around, like maybe 1-2per 100 acres. Just can't stockpile mature bucks on a small property, it's not their nature.

That sure is a pile of deer though.

crokit 02-04-2009 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Staged pic with mounts. The only authentic thing about it is that one really couldkill that many big bucks in a short time onmany "managed" operations.

I agree with the ENTIRE post.

Lanse couche couche 02-04-2009 11:18 AM

Norby,

I've seen plenty of pics of managed operations where you had a half dozen huge bucks clustered around one feeder. You feed 'em and pamper 'em and they will get big and stick around in large numbers.Why else would people want to "trophy manage" to begin with:D

.243Heartshot 02-04-2009 11:24 AM

Damn, that is alot of deer I do not believe all those were taken in one season. you would have to have thousands of acres, and tons of tags. I agree too that some of them are shoulder mounted because the way they are positioned and the way the picture was taken.

gspguy73 02-04-2009 11:24 AM

I smell a hoax.

.243Heartshot 02-04-2009 11:28 AM

But then again they could have intensively managed their land, food plots, minerals, feeders, etc. That is possible but they might have introduced some genetics like impregnating does with Texan high quality genetics, or introducing some deer from a breeder onto the lease. It could be very well possible, but they would have to have a large, large piece of land.