Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is this for real?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:16 AM

Default RE: Is this for real?

If that is a Photoshop fraud, it's avery good one. The edges are pretty clean, the lighting/shadows consistent, no obvious duplication of heads/racks. If somebody did this digitally, they're very talented. Not impossible, but not likely.

I think it a "real world" fraud; shoulder mounted deer intermixed with fresh/whole deer. Stunt deer.

As stated before, not a speck of blood anywhere, no tongues hanging out, no "glowing" eyes, andmany of the heads are unnaturally "erect" (it's not cold in that picture, so the deer aren't frozen).

Add to this, to harvest 27 mature shooter deer in one season would have to require multiple 1000s of acres, or a deer farm. The normal limit in Minnesota is 1 buck per year (regardless of method). There's a bonus tag system, but I think that is only for antlerless deer (I could easily be wrong on that).

-nosualc
Old 02-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

Still impressive sized deer

Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

some of those are definately shoulder mounts... maybe it is all of the deer they have collectively taken off of the lease over the years or something...

I don't think it would be legal to have that many tags for 1 season.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:11 PM

According to the metadata the picture was taken 11-09-2007, so it has been floating around a while.

-nosualc
Old 02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

thats dicusting to me because if you can shoot that many deer in one season thats not right............ im jelose part of thats why im mad because i never shot a buck yet thats why im so mad[:@]
Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Spike

I don't even think this is staged. Something about it just screams it's been photo shopped to me. First thing i don't like is that head that is sticking out in front of the women with white hair on the left. Some of the deer's ears appear to be erect, some are not. Some of the shadows seem a bit off to me as well. As someone who knows Photoshop, I can tell you if something looks unnatural, it probably is. This just screams photoshop to me.

Composite of various pictures of mounted deer and freshly harvested deer. that's my take.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow that a lot of bone
Old 02-07-2009, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Some do look like head mounts as you guys stated. But also, there are only about 11 people in the photo with way more bucks...so either some people are missing, they broke MN game laws, or tagged with other people's tags....I don't think the whole thing is real, but perhaps some of the deer came from the property. That many bucks on one lease? Unlikely.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

Mahnomen is a little over an hour from me here in Mn. and nosualic is right 1 buck per calender year. It is fairly good hunting over there some good farm land but nothing spectacular like you see there. For one there is no lease over there big enough to hold that many mature bucks and no one chunk of private ground over there that large for that matter any way. lots of smaller farms private chunks 200 acres on average or less. It's funny I never have heard of this photo before and obvoiusly if it was real I would have. I find it espicially hard to believe that even if they had taken all these big bucks on this property over a period of years that they would lose this lease, there is only so many reasons to lose a lease, someone else wants to pay more and why would they let that happen espicially if they take all these big bucks on it, maybe landowner wants them out all they would have to do is pay more, money talks and people will pay for it if this is real, another possible factor would be a timber company leased it to them such as potlatch timber corp but on average there properties are 40,80 100 or a little more and all the timber is mature jack pine and immature red pine, the deer would obviously not be in there much anyway they would be in the farm land wich is what that country is over there. So take it from me this whole thing is big time phony and I would be willing to bet that maybe half them big bucks came from that property in the whole 25 years they leased it.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think so, look at some of the deer' positions, some of them have their head picked up without nobody holding them, and agreeing with some of the other posts, you can also look at their eyes.

Quick Reply: Is this for real?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.