Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Where did you shoot your deer This year? >

Where did you shoot your deer This year?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where did you shoot your deer This year?

Old 02-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where did you shoot your deer This year?

i shot my 9 pnt 20 yrds away i sliced 1 of his lungs upon with my bow and he went about 80 yrds
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

doe 25yd with bow she dropped at shot spined her than stuck one through the heart to finish the job.

Buck 90yd 6mm rem Heart/lung shot dropped on spot.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

I took my 4 pt buck with Rage 3 blade that entered behind and just below the shoulder, traced the exterior of the rib cage, and exited out the bottom front of his chest. He bleed out after a 250 yard track.

The doe I took was a double lung shoot with a 30 06. She went 35 feet and flopped.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

75 yard shot off a rest. The bullet hit behind the front shoulder, took off the top of the heart, and exited. The blood trail was very easy to follow. He dove for a creek bottom and buried himself under a bush after running about 30 yards, jumping a 5-6 ft. embankment along the way.

Maybe this is simply my relative inexperience, but I was astonished that a deer with a blown out heart and serious bleeding could make a leap like that.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

1st one I shot right in the buttttt from 55 yards. Had a cast on my hand and the gun slipped I think. 2nd one I shot at 380 yards through both lungs it layed down and died about 35 seconds later. the butt was a total accident and something that just happened....luckily it bled out very quickly and only took about three steps.
-jake
Old 02-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buck was moving when I shot - hit it a little far back in the liver with a 10mm Hornady XTP from about 90 yards out. Deer made it about 70 yards before expiring with a good blood trail.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bocajnala

1st one I shot right in the buttttt from 55 yards. Had a cast on my hand and the gun slipped I think. 2nd one I shot at 380 yards through both lungs it layed down and died about 35 seconds later. the butt was a total accident and something that just happened....luckily it bled out very quickly and only took about three steps.
-jake

We've been told that is called the "Texas Heart Shot".......
Old 02-03-2009, 03:25 PM

Ya hit it in the butt, yikes.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:31 PM

I shot this dude (8pt) at 110 yards. He was quartering away from me. The 180gr Accubond (.300 WSM) entered the body traveled up the neck and the bullet lodged in his head, never exiting. As one would guess, he dropped in his tracks.

2. I made a heart shot on a doe facing me at 130 yards with my .243. It looked like Kool-Aid pouring from a pitcher as she fell where she stood.

3. I shot a small buck at 20 yards with a muzzleloader - double lung dropped on the spot

4. I shot a small buck at 40 yards with a smoothbore shotgun (foster style slug) . Hit him very high, taking out his spine. Another drop on the spot shot.

The good news, every deer I shot this year dropped on the spot. But I must confess, I missed two deer this year. One was a wall hanger!

Old 02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: Bocajnala

-jake

We've been told that is called the "Texas Heart Shot".......

Ehhh....texas heart shot is straight up the butt...I probably would have been ok with that. I ruined a whole hind quarter with my shot. it was angling away and I shot to far back. Very emberrasing for how I usually shoot...haha i take a lot of pride in my shooting, and the cast just really messed it up, but I made up for it with the 380 yard one. And neither deer suffered so all was good.
-Jake

Quick Reply: Where did you shoot your deer This year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.