Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Where did you shoot your deer This year? >

Where did you shoot your deer This year?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where did you shoot your deer This year?

Old 02-03-2009, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Where did you shoot your deer This year?

Same setup as .243heartshot. Shot one doe in heavy brush through shoulder and out behind the opposite shoulder, which ran about 30 yards. Shot other doe back in mid body,liver, big entry hole but no exit hole. I must have hit a branch, even though she seemed to be in the open. She ran about 20 yards.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

A few miles north of Frazee, MN.

Seriously... 125-130 yards, quartering toward me, clipped the back of the right shoulder, no exit... DRT. Shot her with my .30-06 with a Remington 150gr Cor-Lok.

Mike

Old 02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like everyone who responded didn't take the head shot, good to see we have a lot of ethical hunters on this post!

Deer one:Was a doe taken at 90 yards, double lunged with my .270, a little low but droppped within sight.

Deer two: Was an 8 pointer, 12 Ga slug hit its mark right behind the shoulder. Went about 40 yards.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot this guy through both lungs and the heart at 120 yards with a 130 gr. GameKing. He ran 100 yards and didn't bleed a drop it took an hour to find him and when I cleaned him his lungs were pudding and his heart was destroyed which is why he didn't bleed.

Shot this girl at 60 yards with the same bullet I hit her in the point of the shoulder and it exited behind the opposite shoulder. She got that "oh crap" look did a half turn slowly and dropped dead.

This is one of my students that I took this year. Its his first deer, he was using my 30-30 aimed for the shoulder but hit it in the throat at 25 yard slaching the jugular, no entrance no exit.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Buck, 100 yards, quartering slightly towards me. Shot through left shoulder, lungs and heart with 7mm Rem Mag using Remington's Managed Recoil 140 Gr. PSP Core-Lokt. He turned and took a few steps back toward where he'd come from, and then stood there with his back arched like an angry housecat. Shot him again, this time through the right shoulder, lungs, and heart. He went about 10 yards after that...

Doe, 40 yards. Head shot. DRT.

Here's the buck:

Old 02-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

shot my doe in the shoulder and she dropped in her tracks

Old 02-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot 2 bucks last season. The first one was standing broadside @ about 125-150 yds. and I shot him in the heart. The second one was running, quartering away, and I hit him high in the neck and he dropped right there. I'm guessing he was about 60 yds away when I shot him.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

My first deer was a doe that i shot a lil far back with my bow. It was my fault. I should have cleared the branches a lil better. I ended up shootin her and severing her artery by her spinal cord. She ran over 300 yrds.
My second deer was a buck which I shot with my bow as well. I hit him a lil far back too. I nicked both lungs and destroyed the liver and stomach[:'(]. Oh well he was deffinately worth the cleaning job.He ran about 60 yrds..
Old 02-03-2009, 11:32 AM

I'm glad y'all had a great season.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

mine stood up out of its bed head on and took the 06 180 RN in the throat.

Quick Reply: Where did you shoot your deer This year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.