Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I love Hunting, But..........

Old 01-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I love Hunting, But..........

I have three girls, 16,11and 3. The older two hunt, love hunting deer and spring turkey. Three yr old all ready wants to go. the oldest and three yr. old are girly girls. Driftrider, if you make her apart of your hunting and mom lets her, she will love hunting with dad. Thats how it happened for me. Don't forget keep it fun and safe. My biggest problem is hearing them fight overwho shots first, thats the 16 and 11yr olds. THeir my hunting buddies and now MOM is too.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Spike

Your right! There is no better feeling then being a Father! That's why I can barely wait for the day I get to take my sons in the field with me!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

That put a smile on my face huskers1w

Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Yes I feel the same way I do love to hunt but it feels great to go home to my little girls when the season is over
Old 01-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huskers1w

Your right! There is no better feeling then being a Father! That's why I can barely wait for the day I get to take my sons in the field with me!

That is a great pic. Very Cool!

I have a couple similar to that. This one is a doe I took this year. My oldest said she slowed it down for me. (shot at the same deer with a crossbow a month prior and gave it a cut on it back)

Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's 18 months now but I'm hoping that he'll turn out to be a hunter also. I had to get him the same camo that I wear.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Spike

Great pictures everyone!! It's up to us as parents to pass this great sport along to our children! keep up the good work!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Spike

I have a 18 yo sona 14 yo girl a 10&7 yo boys. the 18 yo grew up with me gone so much of his young life while I was in the navy and couldnt get into hunting formore reasons than i want toget into. Ive tried to get him to going with me but he finaly said it to me like this "Dad, I like to see them in the forest and on my plate but i dont want to know about the stuff in between". He's a good kid but just dont want to hunt, I gotta respect it. The other two boys, thats another story the 10 yo toughed it out 5 or 6 cold and some wet days during muzzle loader season but Ijust couldnt get one down so he stopped wanting to go. the next week i took the 7 yo out for the first time for a quick 2 hr evening hunt in an open field, sitting in our lawn chairs at the edge of the field behind some brush. 40 minutes later i shot a 140lbs 6ptr steping out in to the field. he was beaming, he couldnt stop smiling when he was holding its rack...hooked, he already talking about next yr. yesterday the 10 yo asked to go out into the woods to shoot the pellet guns with him. we tag teamed on several squirls running up and down trees, it was great watching him stalking the small amimals. we shot alot of pellets, but we also brought back 2 squirrls. it was great to be out there with himhaving so much fun.I think.. no, I know he's hooked, he wants to go back out this week end.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

granddaddy IS better!LOL
Old 02-04-2009, 03:37 PM

I have 3 kids a 5yr old girl,8yr old boy,and a 14yr old boy they all shoot bows and love it, the two boys go hunting with me and my little girl is more excited to go than the boys were.Love them and teach them things they will never learn in school.they are only young once.

Quick Reply: I love Hunting, But..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.