Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Did you get a deer mounted this year???? >

Did you get a deer mounted this year????

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Did you get a deer mounted this year????

Old 01-09-2009, 04:02 PM

Default RE: Did you get a deer mounted this year????

Yup!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

I have 2 deer and 2 bear and a red fox at the taxidermist now. the deer and one bearwill be shoulder mounts,1 bear and the fox are full body mounts.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, he should be done in the next month or so..

Old 01-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got mine back already!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/tim03b/Mybigbuck121.jpg
Im gettin this boy mounted. It should be back inJune.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: teedub31

Really this is just a yes/no poll. But what I was hoping to glean from this poll was if the economy had any bearing on getting a deer mounted. According to the MSM (main stream media) the US is on the verge of catastrophic collapse with no one being able to buy food or pay any of their bills. At $300-$500 per mount, I would say that according to the MSM no one can afford an exrtavagance like mounting a deer. Yet my taxi had his busiest year to date (101 shoulder mounts and 20-sum Euros). I know personal finances can be a touchy subject, so be as discrete as you feel needed.
IMHO, lots of folks may take a deer to their taxidermist, but when times comes to pick it up, THEN not have the funds to go get it. It takes my taxi.. several months to get one processed throught the system.

I'm getting this one mounted. 11pt with a point coming out of his forehead!

Old 01-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Fork Horn

I'm having my buck mounted this year. I wasn't going to have itdone (3 pointer) but my wife told me to do it, so that's cool. It will keep my 4 pointer company on the wall.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:05 PM

well I killed very nice bucks both scored p and y but i did not have them mounted, neither one was was largest, one though was the send largest I have ever killed. I can also say that I have 4 deer on the wall mounted that score over 130 and numerous more outside in the garadge on the wall, with just the horns. But the last two years have not been the best and I have just not been able to afford the price tag of 500 for my two local taxis to put them on the wall. Times are tough for lots of people should be interested in selling how many people choose to not have a head mounted this year
good poll
nic
Old 01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

i did not get mine mounted but i did get a nice little 8 oint and nice mount guys
Old 01-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

I got a 9pt and a 8pt that I got with my bow being mounted also have a duck for a total taxi bill 1250.00

Quick Reply: Did you get a deer mounted this year????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.