Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Baiting with deer corn

Old 02-06-2009, 05:02 PM

Default RE: Baiting with deer corn

!

Old 02-06-2009, 05:04 PM

!
Old 02-07-2009, 03:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

When you live in an area that has limited land and you can't afford to travel you have to do what is going to help you achieve the goal.hunting over bait does not make you less of a hunter you are just using the resource that you have .with small areas and tons of people you may not be able to do food plots or hunt trails due to the amount of pressure on the deer .you still can choose to only harvest the mature bucks that come to your food pile. no different that the use of scent attractants,and every body at one time or another has used them. In my state the land is limited and we do what we can to make it as fair as possible but sometimes even the deer need it to survive as a supplement.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The "purest" that hunt from a treestand, in his sentlock suit, over a food plot, where he has multiple game cams, and using his new 80% letoff bow or high powered rifle think they are the only ones doing it "right".

Unless you are stalking a deer in a loin cloth with a spear you are taking advantage of the animal in some way. Were you draw the line is all up to you. You can make hunting as easy or hard as you like but thats up to each person to decide. Just because one person likes to hunt a certain way doesnt mean thats the only way. So unless you are the one in the loin cloth don't preach to me on whats fair.....
Old 02-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

does stick bow and shorts count?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said!!!That's about the best answer I've seen.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Spike

wouldnt do it. its like killing your own pet. i mean, there is enough deer out there to where u dont have to use bait
Old 02-16-2009, 09:37 AM

I don't have a problem with baiting,but it's illegal where I'm hunting(MS).Baiting does go on though.I've used ita fewtimes but really haven't had a whole lot of success doing it.If someone wants to do it,it's their business IMO.I do it a little but not that much.None of my deer this season were shot over corn.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

When 10 year old boys can consitantly kill 150" bucks in my area...its not hunting.

I do not care what you think it is, but hunting over a pile of bait, is not comparable to patterning a whitetail buck, using calls and sexual scents. Thats just my opinion.

That kid who kills a 150" buck is not as good of a hunter as the one who kills a 100" buck by scouting him and hanginga stand. Thats my opinion.

Now using bait to get pictures, or observe deer without killing them is different.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

When 10 year old boys can consitantly kill 150" bucks in my area...its not hunting.

I do not care what you think it is, but hunting over a pile of bait, is not comparable to patterning a whitetail buck, using calls and sexual scents. Thats just my opinion.

That kid who kills a 150" buck is not as good of a hunter as the one who kills a 100" buck by scouting him and hanginga stand. Thats my opinion.

Now using bait to get pictures, or observe deer without killing them is different.
Sounds like you are jealous of the 10 year old boy. Why should you care what he kills or how he kills them? Maybe he hunts harder than you do or maybe he passes smaller bucks.

What if he was hunting over a 1 or 2 acre food plot that was pulling in all the deer in the area? Would that make him more of a hunter to you?

Quick Reply: Baiting with deer corn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.