Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer burger

Old 01-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Default deer burger

what all do you put in it and how much?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: deer burger

Check out the Camp Cooking forum they'll tell ya. I have someone else make it and they add a 1/4 or 1/3 of pork to it.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:44 PM

I mix 5 lb pork butt to 15 lbs venison works good for me....
Old 01-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Dominant Buck

I do 10% pork fat
Old 01-05-2009, 04:59 PM

When I first started out I added a little pork fat. Then one year I tried it plain and liked it MUCH better. Much leaner and MUCH better for you. Plus I like the taste of venison. Never had a problem with it holding together in patty form either. You just have to be a little more careful until it cooks a little.

So my answer is "nothing".
Old 01-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just add a little ground beef to it.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

I always use beef fat for burger. IMO pork fat is for sausage. I like about 1/3 beef fat to 2/3 venison on the 3/16" grinder plate. If you make it that fat, you can make hamburgers with it and they will be good. If you are running short on fat, you can get by with half that amountand use the burger for spagetti, tacos, and chili.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

well depends on what you plan on using the burger for. If you are planning on using it for hamburgers then I would suggest making 1/4-1/3 of your total batch beef fat. I agree with hoss that pork is for sausage and beef is for burger. Although i differ when it comes to tacos, chili and sloppy joe meat if you don't add that extra fat you won't have to drain it off later and the fat really is not necessary for those applications. But for hamburgers it really helps out a lot to keep the burgers packed together and also so the burgers don't dry out so fast on ya so they are easier to cook.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:23 PM

100% DEER man. I don't like to work up much burger meat from deer though because I can get free beef from family. black Angus farm.

That's just what I like if I'm grilling burgers.

I prefer roast in the crock pot.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: J The Deer Slayer

I don't like to work up much burger meat from deer though because I can get free beef from family.
I also get free beef from my family. The secret to cooking lean meat is slow cooking (our beef is also very lean). Iput the stove on a low heat and cook the burgers or brown the ground meat with a lid on the frying pan. I make sure they are well done since it is a ground meat.

Quick Reply: deer burger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.