Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Forget something?

Old 01-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Forget something?

ORIGINAL: WhackAndStack_CR337

Is there one thing you somehow always manage to forget when you leave for the stand?

For me, it's a pen. Don't seem too important, but here in KY you must call the deer in and fill out yer tag before yer even legally allowed to move it.
Ohio is the same way. I have several in the truck but somehow forget to have one on me. I've had to be creative a time or two. Fortunatly I have never been checked draging one out where I hunt. I imediatly fill it out. A few years ago I did not know you needed to do this. so I'm getting better at it.

I fogot almost everything at one time or another. The most recent big thing was forgetting the caps for my daughter and my muzzloaders on a recent hunt. The drive put us in late and ruined the hunt...well at least for seeing deer. Still a good hunt.

ORIGINAL: Mottz
Always forget my camera in the truck. Now that I have binocs with a camera in them means I have that problem solved.
How do those work for you. Do you like them? How do those pics turn out. I was looking at those but it seemed the quality of both the camera and the Binos wheren't very good, at least at the time. Thats been a while. Would be very handy though if they optics are good enough and the camera keeps up too.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

ORIGINAL: WhackAndStack_CR337

Is there one thing you somehow always manage to forget when you leave for the stand?

For me, it's a pen. Don't seem too important, but here in KY you must call the deer in and fill out yer tag before yer even legally allowed to move it.
Ohio is the same way. I have several in the truck but somehow forget to have one on me. I've had to be creative a time or two. Fortunatly I have never been checked draging one out where I hunt. I imediatly fill it out. A few years ago I did not know you needed to do this. so I'm getting better at it.

I fogot almost everything at one time or another. The most recent big thing was forgetting the caps for my daughter and my muzzloaders on a recent hunt. The drive put us in late and ruined the hunt...well at least for seeing deer. Still a good hunt.

ORIGINAL: Mottz
Always forget my camera in the truck. Now that I have binocs with a camera in them means I have that problem solved.
How do those work for you. Do you like them? How do those pics turn out. I was looking at those but it seemed the quality of both the camera and the Binos wheren't very good, at least at the time. Thats been a while. Would be very handy though if they optics are good enough and the camera keeps up too.
Just curious? Does forgetting your legally required pen make you a POACHER???

Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

the dumbest thing I ever forgot was my release.....and I saw more deer that day than any other day that season. I always forget something though....usually binocs.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have to call it in before you can even move it?
Man that would be a major PITA!! I don't get phone service where I hunt.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

I forgot my fanny pac this year, kinda sucked, I have my calls, scent. knife, flashlight, snacks, etc.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

forgot my range finder last day of season this year deer came through in a different spot,watched them walk
out of a different spot too
Old 01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Spike

I think I can top any of the other posts and its not really a matter of what I forgot to bring its what I forgot to not bring. Last year when when I got out to where I was going to hunt I realized that I had not taken the gun lock off the gun and as the keys were at home, it wasn't coming off. Luckly I happened to have my bow out there so I was able to use that.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

All I know is don't forget the toilet paper!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: huntercr

I think I can top any of the other posts and its not really a matter of what I forgot to bring its what I forgot to not bring. Last year when when I got out to where I was going to hunt I realized that I had not taken the gun lock off the gun and as the keys were at home, it wasn't coming off. Luckly I happened to have my bow out there so I was able to use that.
I forget the same thing, except it was the locks on my gun case, went all the way back and unlocked it, and sure enough i noticed my wallet layin on my bed. Had my huntin license in it of course, and was obviously meant to be cause i killed my first deer that night. [8D]
Old 01-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Spike

I got into my tree stand on a bowhunt and realized I forgot my release. 1/4 mile back to the truck for that.

Quick Reply: Forget something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.