Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What states?

Old 01-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Spike

Default RE: What states?

Virginia only allows them in certain counties, mostly in the west and southwest of the state.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:47 PM

Maryland allows centerfire rifles in the western counties. All counties in central and eastern Maryland are shotgun/muzzleloader only.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:54 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: JimboHunter1

Maryland allows centerfire rifles in the western counties. All counties in central and eastern Maryland are shotgun/muzzleloader only.
Except for dorchester, carrolland wimico county.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:22 PM

All kentucky counties allow them, but if you sign up and are drawn to hunt Ft. Knox, you must use a shotgun.

I'm guessin it applies to all military bases?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

Indiana dosent because people are to high dense. But yeat you can use anything to hunt predators makes no sense.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

no center fire rifles in nj
Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

What boggles my mind is that NY didn't allow rifles in central NY for the longest time (very rural) and has always allowed rifles in the Hudson Valley area. the Hudson Valley region has always been more populated then central NY, and in recent years has become filled up with people (mostly yuppies from the city). I was reading an article in one of the NRA mags and they did a study to see if shotguns were actually safer than rifles. They found that on deflections a shotgun slug actually traveled farther than a rifle round.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: gmil6184

What boggles my mind is that NY didn't allow rifles in central NY for the longest time (very rural) and has always allowed rifles in the Hudson Valley area. the Hudson Valley region has always been more populated then central NY, and in recent years has become filled up with people (mostly yuppies from the city). I was reading an article in one of the NRA mags and they did a study to see if shotguns were actually safer than rifles. They found that on deflections a shotgun slug actually traveled farther than a rifle round.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

This post is in reply to my above post that I SCREWED UP!! We have some bizzare shotgun/rifle boundries in N.Y.I could never undrestand how they camr up with some of boundry lines.I heard that they did expand certain areas in central NY to rifle areas.I just don't remember what areas they are.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: JimboHunter1

Except for dorchester, carrolland wimico county.
Don't forget Cecil county.

Quick Reply: What states?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.