Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Non resident hunters

Old 01-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default Non resident hunters

I don't have a problem withnon resident hunters hunting in my state as long as they pay for their tag and hunt ethically. Does anyone else feel this way or not?

Spudrow from Mo
Old 01-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Non resident hunters

No problem here except when they just come onto the land I'm on not knowing who owns it or not knowing anything about the land.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: spudrow

I don't have a problem withnon resident hunters hunting in my state as long as they pay for their tag and hunt ethically. Does anyone else feel this way or not?

Spudrow from Mo
Nope...I love it when they don't pay for it and are unethical.

???

What kind of question is that? That's like asking....Anyone else hate it when a semi-truck runs over your foot?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

As a non-res hunter quite often, I do wish non-res/res fees were much closer in price.

How come a res may pay $50 for a elk tag, and a non-res $500 or more...? I find I think about 10x is the standard multipliar, or perhpas 8x...

It's funny to joke around, go home....hunt your own state, especially when you have some pride about your own state. But in reality we're all hunters, some nicer more accomidating than others. But we're all in the same boat for the most part.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Sangster

ORIGINAL: spudrow

Spudrow from Mo
Nope...I love it when they don't pay for it and are unethical.

???

What kind of question is that? That's like asking....Anyone else hate it when a semi-truck runs over your foot?
Now that right there is funny!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Funny story.

I hunt in both WI & IL. I am an IL resident. I drive a vehicle with WI plates. We have permission to hunt on some land that another group of hunters does also, just different areas of the property. Last time I ran into one of the other guys in the field, he goes "oh, you're one of the Wisconsin guys" hahaha...

I was like actually... I'm from Illinois, but yeah, I'm one of the Wisconsin guys. :rolleyes
Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mind paying more to hunt as a non-res, just wish that so many of the states didn't make you buy a hunting license just to apply for what amounts to in many cases, very hard tags to draw.

I'm not sure if MN still does it this way, but I always thought there NR fee structure was clever (at least for deer, not sure on anythingn else).... Basically, you paid what your state would charge their reidents.... At least it was kinda fair....
Old 01-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: TSR6

Funny story.

I hunt in both WI & IL. I am an IL resident. I drive a vehicle with WI plates. We have permission to hunt on some land that another group of hunters does also, just different areas of the property. Last time I ran into one of the other guys in the field, he goes "oh, you're one of the Wisconsin guys" hahaha...

I was like actually... I'm from Illinois, but yeah, I'm one of the Wisconsin guys. :rolleyes
I too hunt ILL and WI. I live in WI and drive a vehicle with WI plates. I don't find it to be funny that I have to pay $450+ for a season deer license to hunt ILL, when ILL hunters only have to pay $177 for a season license to hunt WI. [:@]

I think that non-res licenses should be reciprocal between states. That would be fair.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GregH

I too hunt ILL and WI. I live in WI and drive a vehicle with WI plates. I don't find it to be funny that I have to pay $450+ for a season deer license to hunt ILL, when ILL hunters only have to pay $177 for a season license to hunt WI. [:@]

I think that non-res licenses should be reciprocal between states. That would be fair.
WOW.. looks like I go in the right direction!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Spike

It would be cool to be able to hunt in Montana where I was born and raised for "resident" rates. I live in Florida but it would cost me an arm and a leg to go back "home" to hunt. Annoying.

Quick Reply: Non resident hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.