Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Advise on recovery

Old 01-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Spike

Default Advise on recovery

Guys I need a little help and advise on what my course of action needs to be in the morning. I had a doe come in about 15 minutes before the end of shooting light. The shot I got was about 45 yards with a shotgun with slug. She kicked and ran with her tail between her legs she got about 40 yards and I saw her tail go up and then she dissappeared into the brush. I waited about 30 minutes before climbing down then went to the house and came back about and hour after the shot. We found no blood what so ever. Right in the place where I saw her lift her tail we found fresh poo but diarrhea type. A buddy of mine told me that deer will do that if they are wounded and about to die. We searched for about an hour before we decided to wait till morning. It was really dark and the brush is real thick. I am hoping that someone can let me know the the poo theory is actaully fact or not and Hopefully someone has any advise on how to go about finding the deer in the morning. Also as a side note we did not jump anything while we were looking for her. Thanks

Scott
Old 01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advise on recovery

I have never heard of that. I also wouldn't put any emphasis on it, even if it was true. I would concentrate on finding any and all sign left by the doe.
Hopefully she was hit hard enough for an easy recovery.

Good Luck to you.