HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Funny story of stupidity (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/280777-funny-story-stupidity.html)

hoosierbuckslayer 12-31-2008 07:12 PM

Funny story of stupidity

I got a new ladderstand for christmas and was putting it up by my slef because my dad wouldnt be home till dark. so i was walking it up and the feet came up and the platform came back and smacked in on the head and gave me a concussion and the doctor told me not to climb any treestands because i could pass out and fall.

timbercruiser 12-31-2008 07:55 PM

RE: Funny story of stupidity

If you are trying to put up a ladder stand take a couple of empty feed sacks, fill them about half way with sand and put them on the bottom rungs of the ladder. It won't kick up then. You need two people to put up most of the ladder stands anyway. Tie off the ladder before you try to climb up to secure the top, even if you have somebody to hold the ladder. The concussion should be better in a week or so.

hoosierbuckslayer 12-31-2008 09:14 PM

i used some big cylinder blocks after that and i used these ratchet straps every r steps to the top till i could fastened. my dad says that was badass when i called him from the hospital and told him i still got it up. not one of my better moments

Shelly S 12-31-2008 10:46 PM

"Funny story of stupidity" I thought you were talking about me for a second!!! wow getting knocked on the head sucks, my suggestion is to have others put your stand up for you, that's what I do!

WrackMaster 12-31-2008 11:34 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: hoosierbuckslayer

i used some big cylinder blocks

427, 454, 429 ?
Which ones work the best?
How's your concussion?

hoosierbuckslayer 01-01-2009 06:44 PM

yea well i usually hunt by my slef so i dont have anyone to put it up. umm for wrackmaster i dont know what size all i knows is they wiegh about 35 40 pounds

kevin1 01-02-2009 09:12 AM

I lean the seat end against the trunk first, then walk it up from that end as far as I can, walking the foot end from there is pretty easy and you don't get a huge hospital bill when you're done. ;)

RWK 01-02-2009 11:32 AM

You just went thru the school of hard nocks.

Soup du Jour 01-02-2009 12:19 PM

The way I see it is you can stand put the ladder stand up by yourself next year just remember to wear a helmet. Problem solved :)

Jasonlester 01-02-2009 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: WrackMaster

ORIGINAL: hoosierbuckslayer

i used some big cylinder blocks

427, 454, 429 ?
Which ones work the best?
How's your concussion?

No those are worth something gotta use the useless blocks like the pontiac 350 etc....LOL

When I saw the title to this I also thought of myself. I wrecked my Yukon on Christmas Eve in a fit of stupidity. Actualy it was just a stupid set of circumstances...Noone got hurt so I guess its all ok. And its fixable...

Sorry to hear of your injury. I've put ladder stands up myself too. A little scary. Glad your OK