Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

foodplot help

Old 12-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Spike

Default foodplot help

HI I am looking into planting a small food plot on my grandfathers land to better the health of deer and other animals on the land. I have NO experience or knowledge. The land is located in massachusetts with a stream running through it funneling to a marsh. There is definite sign of deer in the area as well as other animals. I would appreciate it if anyone could suggest or send me their thoughts or experience on making a successful plot....Seeding, Location, what works best.[/align]
Old 12-31-2008, 12:25 PM

Default RE: foodplot help

There are a lot of things to consider when choosing the right location and food type for a plot (ie: soil type, fertility, weather patterns, water, local food sources, cover, ect.). A good place for you to start would be to do a search in the resource directory here on huntingnet. There are plenty of articles to get you started. Once you've done the required reading (lol) post up a few specific questions and I'm sure the members here will be more than happy to help you out!

Good luck.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

The "Wildlife Management" forum has what your looking fo.
Welcome to HNI ko1593 and NVbowjunkie

Old 01-01-2009, 11:48 AM

Thanks, I look forward to learning and sharing with you all..... Great forum for my addiction!