Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Weatherby Vanguard

Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weatherby Vanguard

Price vs quality the Vanguard hands down.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I think I'll pick it up tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

It is a great gun. I have one in 30-06. It's a tack driver and I have made some really long shots with it at deer. It is rather heavy though. I
'd like to have a Tikka as well. Maybe soon.

Spudrow from MO
Old 12-30-2008, 08:41 PM

I almost bought one, but changed my mind after holding one. As previously stated, they are heavy. If you're planing to hunt from a stand, its a great rifle for the money. I needed a .243 that was light (antelope, deer, coyote hunting). I bought the Rem 700 SS Mountain Rifle. I've been very happy with my decision.

Don't get me wrong. Vanguard is great for the money - I'd definetely choose VG over a Savage.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:05 AM
Typical Buck

I own 2. The first is an older model 243. wood stock with the pearl diamond in it......beautiful, the second is maybe a 10yr.
old .270, that I use 130gr. federal fusion in, and have a nikon monarch 3x9x40 on.............I call him "DOOM".
I thought it was a little corny at first, but through the years that rifle has proven deadly to all that comes in front of it.
No kidding I can literally stack holes on a target with it........The 243 is so accurate and beautiful to look at, saving it for my son.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

According to the specs. it's only 1/4lb heavier than the remmington 700 SPS
Old 12-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Spike

I have one in .270 and have killed several deer with it and think it is a great gun for the value. The vanguard, by Weatherby was mentioned in an issue of F&S in an article about accuracy and stacked up well, but i can't remember what caliber they used though.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jerry d

I've only heard one guy say something negative about the gun.He had an issue with the safety,he felt that it could accidently go off the safe position.Nobody else had that problem.I personally think it's a good value for the money.
That's my only complaint about the Vanguard. You have to take the safety off to work the bolt. Other than that I'm happy with the 2 I have, 257 Weath. Mag. and 300 Weath. Mag.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

I am a bowhunter and chose the Weatherby as my only rifle based on price and reputation. I filled all but one of my tags with my bow. I had one tag left for a spike and filled it this morning with the Weathbury Vanguard Synthetic stock in a 270. The rifle is as advertised. Dead on. I sighted it in last summer, put it in the case and did not pull it out until yesterday evening. After watching 19 does come in and mill about, the spike showed up. Dropped him where he stood. The rifle did excatly what it should. He is in the cooler as we speak. Great gun, great value.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:50 PM

I got a Vanguard sub-MOA in .30-06 for Christmas from the wife. I just ordered a scope for it yesterday. We'll see how it does when I take it to the range.

Quick Reply: Weatherby Vanguard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.