HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Baiting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/280149-baiting.html)

tim03b 12-27-2008 07:58 AM

Baiting

Is there a difference putting outa scent wick and a food pile to attract deer? I mean arent both considered baiting???
Wouldnt both of them be considered "tricking" a deer to come in for a closer shot?:eek:

BowtechHunting 12-27-2008 08:18 AM

RE: Baiting

I agree. What's the difference on planting a food plot or putting out Come'er Deer(TM)? Or apples, corn, etc.? Nothing! It's all baiting!

Charlie P 12-27-2008 08:39 AM

What's the difference on planting a food plot or putting out Come'er Deer(TM)? Or apples, corn, etc.?
Your right no difference between a 5 acre food plot and a 5 sq feet of food.:eek:

Charlie P 12-27-2008 08:41 AM

Is there a difference putting outa scent wick and a food pile to attract deer?
Huge differece.

SWThomas 12-27-2008 08:54 AM

Luring a deer is luring a deer no matter how you do it. You're still accomplishing the same objective.

Deleted User 12-27-2008 09:18 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Centauri 12-27-2008 09:22 AM

In areas that I hunt in, there are very few deer, so baiting is the only chance you have of seeing a deer, unless you like to look at trees all day. Not everyone gets to hunt on farmland.

Charlie P 12-27-2008 09:37 AM

I'll have to tell that to the guys I know that hunt the Adirondeck mountains and the 9 ptr on mile wall I killed a mile into the woods.

Southern Buck 12-27-2008 09:48 AM

DT249 there is more than just going out and finding a tree you like to climb and put corn out people that use corn do just as much scouting as anyone else would, you have got to find out where the deer are you just cant go out and put some corn out and the deer will come it doesnt work that way. I have no problem with baiting I wish that they would legalize it here in Georgia because where I hunt at there is no way to plant a food plot as deep in the woods as I go so corn would workreally well. It is no different than hunting over a feild of peas, alfalfa, soybeans ect. they are all types of baits nomatter how you look at it its all baiting the deer, trying to get them to come in a little closer so you can get a better shot. So Hunter A and Hunter B are not at all that different just that one has the resorces to plant food plots because he probably has the stuff to do so, or he has forked out some cash so he can huntwhere someone has already plantedthefeildsand the other has no way of doing so and there for hes uses corn.

Deleted User 12-27-2008 10:46 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]