Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What would You do?

Old 12-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default What would You do?

Well the last couple years We've had a guy hunting on our property with Us. He likes to hunt on our place. We have rules though. We don't shoot button bucks, or anything under 130 inch bucks. Well the last couple years He has broken the rules. The year before last He killed a button buck, Then ended up killing a 160 inch buck. Obviously the 160 wasn't breaking a rule, but the button buck was.We let that one slide. Well the next year He killed about 105 inch buck that we had been passing. Again Dad let that one slide. He just told Him not to come hunt here anymore. Well this year We made up some rules, and posted them. No button bucks, or a 500 dollars fine. No bucks under 130, or its a $20 fine for every inch it scores under 130. So He callsthe other day, and asked My Dad if He could hunt. He said He'd follow the rules. Well Dad let Him. Dad went out hunting the same time the guy did He told Him right before they left remember no button bucks, or small bucks. So Dad was hunting, and heard a couple of shots on our place. He got done hunting, and went down by our cabin. The guys truck wasn't there. So Dad went driving around on the fourwheerler. He seen something in the creek. He thought it was a dead deer. Sure enough it was. Here the guy had dragged the deer down into the creek, and covered it with some leaves, and rocks trying to hide it. He evidently was planning on coming back and getting it after dark. It ended up being a little 5 point We've got 100's of pictures of. Dad figures it will score around 60. So that will be a $1400 dollar fine! Know if it were up to You guys would You tell Him not to come back on top of that? I think Dad should because He evidently has no respect for Us. We passed up small bucks so We could kill a big buck, and He ended up shooting that 160". Then He shoots the small bucks We pass on. Which is just makeing Our odds of killing a big buck less every year. What would You.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would You do?

Is this for real?? I would hate to hang until he paid the fine. Guy burns you how many times?? Hate to say it, but you reap what you sow.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Site Buck Guru

Kick him out.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, the guy seems like a slow learner.....If you can get him to pay fine. I doubt you'll get a dime out of him. From now on ban him from your property. He can't be trusted. It's obvious since he was trying to hide a deer he had just shot. He has no respectfor you, your dad, or your property.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're obviously not going to legally be able to get any money out of him so me personally, he deserves an good ass whipping and permanent banishment in the least!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm actually amazed that you need to ask what others would do with this moron. He's out of there!![:'(][>:]
Old 12-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

All your notions are right on. There's no need to ask us. Get your money's worth out of kickin' his ass and tell him not to come back.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Should have made him sign a contract!!! Don't think he will be back and if he does well I think you know what to do unless he is actually stupid ehough to pay ya off even then ya still know what to do. WCL
Old 12-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

He would never be allowed to hunt my land again.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The old saying...

First time, shame on you.
Second time, shame on me??!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.