Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What would You do?

Old 12-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What would You do?

I wouldnt let him come back, but then again, I dont know why your dad let him come back after the first time. I wouldnt count on getting on money from him.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Edcyclopedia said it all.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:07 PM

Seriously is this a serious ? He would be off my land after he shot the BB
Old 12-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

He never would have got permission in the first place to hunt my land. The biggest mistake a landowner canmake is to grant someone permission to hunt their land. Most of the time it's not going to end up good. I understand that there are good people that would abide by all rules, but most would not.That being said, your dad has created this problem that needs to be fixed. If there wasn't anything signed on paper, you won't get a dime from him. Best bet is to tell him you never want to see him on your property again, ever. If he comes on your property, let him know he will be prosecuted for trespassing. BTW, what happened with the deer this guy shot? Did he come back to get it? That is when you could have nailed him.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Yea I agree that My Dad did create this problem. Thats why I posted it. I knew You guys would side with Me, and I wanted to show My Dad so He would tell Him no more hunting. The guy is friends with My Dad has been for a long time, but He evidently is an idiot. The rules thing We have the posted, and everyone has to agree to them before they are allowd to hunt. It says so in the papers Dad printed out. So in order to hunt You have to follow the rules. Dad talked to Him, and He agreed to pay the fine. Dad just hasn't decided whether to let Him hunt anymore, or not. I say NO though.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Oh and yea He went back into the property. Dad seen Him going back there. So Dad jumped on the quad, and drove back there and confronted Him. The guy tried saying thats where the deer was when it died, and thats how it was laying when it died! lol common it raked leaves, and rocks on top of it? lol
Old 12-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

button bucks are understandable, but you should learn how to judge them.

1 big buck mess up, and he'd be gone from my setup.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was the deer tagged? If not I would have called the wardens and reported a poacher. I think the wardens would have solved your problems for you. Then I would tell him never to come back.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm just surprised you even have gun hunters on your lease.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

Its not a lease, We own the property. If it was up to Me it would be bow only. Thats just because I love bowhunting so much though. I told You before, I don't dislike all gunhunters. Just ignorant ones. This guy is a good shot, and hunts ethically. He just doesn't follow the rules as You can tell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.