Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 homemade artificial treestand cover? >

homemade artificial treestand cover?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

homemade artificial treestand cover?

Old 12-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default homemade artificial treestand cover?

any ideas on how to much some homemade artificial treestand cover? i need some more cover becasue i get busted
Old 12-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: homemade artificial treestand cover?

You can still get busted with cover behind you. But to answer your question, I'd keep it as natural as possible. I wouldn't put anything there that wasn't there to begin with (besides the stand and a couple of shooting lanes. Don't worry about cover directly behind you while your in your stand. The cover needs to be on surrounding trees where the cover is ABOVE you. Think about it, a deer's gonna be looking up if you get busted, not directly towards you.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

any ideas on how to much some homemade artificial treestand cover? i need some more cover becasue i get busted
I agree with everything Rory said but do you know for sure your getting busted by sight? Maybe they smell you. The reason im asking is from my expirences if you sit still you won't get busted from sight.

Wayne
Old 12-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

The reason im asking is from my expirences if you sit still you won't get busted from sight.
True dat
Old 12-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

You can still get busted with cover behind you. But to answer your question, I'd keep it as natural as possible. I wouldn't put anything there that wasn't there to begin with (besides the stand and a couple of shooting lanes. Don't worry about cover directly behind you while your in your stand. The cover needs to be on surrounding trees where the cover is ABOVE you. Think about it, a deer's gonna be looking up if you get busted, not directly towards you.
im sorry i dont really get what you are saying. can you clarify it? would it be a good idea to LOWER my stand like 5 feet to have more cover?
Old 12-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

im sorry i dont really get what you are saying. can you clarify it? would it be a good idea to LOWER my stand like 5 feet to have more cover?
I know I didn't word it too good. I was in a hurry to do something. Let me try again:
[ul][*]Don't put anything there that isn't natural (besides the stand and a few shooting lanes)[*]In order for you to get busted, a deer has to look up, so don't look for a stand that has cover directly behind it. You want cover above and behind you, because a deer's gonna be looking up.
[/ul]
Here's a picture to maybe help, since I can't really figure out how to word this.
The red is the deer's line of sight, NOT THE BLUE. So the yellow circle is where I would want the bulk of my cover, not the green one.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok that clears that up. ill take a pic of my stand when i go out and post it up and see what you think

Old 12-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome drawing Rory

Wayne
Old 12-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

I know I didn't word it too good. I was in a hurry to do something. Let me try again:
[ul][*]Don't put anything there that isn't natural (besides the stand and a few shooting lanes)[*]In order for you to get busted, a deer has to look up, so don't look for a stand that has cover directly behind it. You want cover above and behind you, because a deer's gonna be looking up. [/ul]

Here's a picture to maybe help, since I can't really figure out how to word this.
The red is the deer's line of sight, NOT THE BLUE. So the yellow circle is where I would want the bulk of my cover, not the green one.

Lazer Beam Deer their Very Dangerous.
They will fry your brain.

Be Carefull, Very Csrefull.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

Awsome drawing Rory

Wayne
I didn't need to make it fancy, just to get the point across

Quick Reply: homemade artificial treestand cover?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.