Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tomahawk Doe Kill

Old 12-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tomahawk Doe Kill

Looks like there is an arrow or bullet hole right under the axe wound
Old 12-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: A11en

50 yards... that's NOTHING - Ridge Runner could Tomahawk it from 1350 yards in high wind.
Please give it up. Your are becoming a repetitive jackass.
2 Lunger, clearly you have RR's back on this. You're certainly standing by your man, or at least behind him.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

50 yards... that's NOTHING - Ridge Runner could Tomahawk it from 1350 yards in high wind.
Please give it up. Your are becoming a repetitive jackass.
2 Lunger, clearly you have RR's back on this. You're certainly standing by your man, or at least behind him.
It's just that your comments about RR post is getting old. That is all. You don't have to get all puffed up.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pages 3 and 4 of the responses on the link get a little more intense. The game commission responded that there are no permits in Pa. that would allow you to hunt with a tomahawk and that the man is under investigation. It smells a lot fishy. He drug the deer out of the bushes where it ran after being hit so it didn't "drop", he washed the tomahawk and the deer to make "cleaner" pictures, not sure if it was 50 yards or 75 feet........
Old 12-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

a capitol B and a capitol S
Old 12-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looking @ the length of the blade I don't believe that it would penatrate deep enough to hit any vitales.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's got to be B.S. Where is the blood that would have dripped along the side of the deer with that type of wound?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

I would think that a throw with a tomahawk at 50 yrds would of hit allot higher on the deer. I think you would have to have a bunch of loft to it to get it that far. The hit seems rather low for that, I think it would have left more of a slice if that were the case?
Old 12-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

I've Personally seen people throw Tomahawks.. even tried it myself (wich was a funny sight) the guys throwing them were very good.. and hit their target ( a wood block about 8 inches wide) every time.. they were throwing about 15-20 yrds...the blade would sink in about an inch..... Which begs the question is it even possible to kill a deer with one?... even a 10 yrd kill would be next to impossible with the amount of movement required to hurl the tomahawk with enough force...not to mention.. hitting a rib... I dont believe the story.. but then.. I live in a world where anything is possible.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

So PA voted down the atlatl??? Wow, now that thing actually would be able to kill a deer if you were a skilled dart chucker... But a throwing 'hawk? No. There's no way. I don't care how sharp you get them things, a deer wouldn't have more than a flesh wound if you hit it at 25 yards with one, let alone 50 yards. I'd like to believe that it happened, but I just can't. It would be like hog hunting with a spoon, it just wouldn't work.

Quick Reply: Tomahawk Doe Kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.