Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 wats you view on running deer with dogs >

wats you view on running deer with dogs

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wats you view on running deer with dogs

Old 12-19-2008, 08:12 AM

Default RE: wats you view on running deer with dogs

Whats the difference in running deer or running rabbits?
People have ran rabbits with dogs for 100's of years and its legal.

As long as its done right.
I see nothing wrong with it.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

This past hunting trip in Arkansas I was walking to my stand on approx 800 acres of private property that does not allow dog hunting, and out pops 3 dogs on the walking trail to my stand. These dogs followed me to my stand, hovered around a little while, then walked off. Come to find out, they walked over to where my father was at, pissed on his stand, walked over to the feeder, pissed on the feeder, then ran through the woods around him until dark. I have no problem with running dogs for deer, but i have a HUGE problem with dog owners who cant seem to keep track of their dogs. If you cant keep track of your dogs, you shouldn't be running them. If you are running your dogs next to private property that doesnt allow running of the dogs, you should not run them near that property line. The dogs running after deer on private property is the same as the owner hunting deer on property he isn't supposed to be on. Again, i have no problem with people who run their dogs after deer, but more hunts have been ruined by careless dog owners allowing their dogs onto private property than anything else where I hunt. My father and I wont shoot the dogs, but my uncles and cousins have no reservations about doing so. Thus, many dogs have not left the property once they arrived.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Spike

Let em run!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Spike

I feel sorry for this guy. Shooting someone's dogs is like shooting a family member. It wouldn't fly where I'm from.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Spike

I'm refering to Gangly
Old 12-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

JMO, I dont think running deer with dogs is even hunting.[:'(]
Old 12-19-2008, 09:22 AM

im from arkansas were running dogs is just a way of life. And we do everything we can to keep dogs off of others properity but our dogs sumtimes will runfor 3 and 4 miles but as much as we try to keep them off they do get on the private land sumtimes

Old 12-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess in states where it is not legal that might be considered unethical but other than that what is unethical about someone using a dog for hunting?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Apperently there areseveral people that think it is unethical, I am just curious in what way do you feel it is unethical?

Don't get me wrong I understand people either do it or have the it's not for me thing, which I get,I just can't see unethical.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:18 AM

Personally I would not do it....it just seems like it is taking the hunting out of hunting.

Quick Reply: wats you view on running deer with dogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.