Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 wats you view on running deer with dogs >

wats you view on running deer with dogs

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wats you view on running deer with dogs

Old 12-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wats you view on running deer with dogs

ORIGINAL: bcvd45

Personally I would not do it....it just seems like it is taking the hunting out of hunting.
Have you dog hunted much? Unethical for deer or all game animals, birds, rabbits, squirrels, etc.? If just deer, why?

Dogs for hunting is centuries old from the first pioneers, toIndians to ancient Egyptians many cultures have realized that using a dog as a hunting tool is effective.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any dog huntin on a big game animal is unethical. Bear hunting with dogs for instance, how could you feel good about killing a bear that has been run around by dogs until it can't run anymore and it climbs up a tree. Its just a helpless animal. I'm sorry, but I will never go on a hunt like that.

Honestly, I don't know how you would deer hunt with dogs. But I assume its the same thing? No way I would do it.

And I get tired of having people run their dogs around, pretty much ruining my hunt.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 1shotkill1993

Any dog huntin on a big game animal is unethical. Bear hunting with dogs for instance, how could you feel good about killing a bear that has been run around by dogs until it can't run anymore and it climbs up a tree. Its just a helpless animal. I'm sorry, but I will never go on a hunt like that.

Honestly, I don't know how you would deer hunt with dogs. But I assume its the same thing? No way I would do it.

And I get tired of having people run their dogs around, pretty much ruining my hunt.
Actually deer can't climb trees. jk "It's just a helpless animal"...? That my friend is a slippery slope.

Still not getting it, I understand a person might not choose to do it but what is unethical about it?

unethical:

Definition: dishonest, immoral
Old 12-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

where can you run deer with dogs? not here, no thanks. Learn to hunt without them....

Old 12-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

where can you run deer with dogs? not here, no thanks. Learn to hunt without them....

Yeah cuz that's real hard.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

They do it in several southern states. It is a controversy somewhat along the lines of those going on with coon hunting and coyote hunting in Illinois in recent years.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Personally I would not do it....it just seems like it is taking the hunting out of hunting.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here it is not legal soI can give no input on this subject. If it is legal in your state then there must be a reason why it is. So if it's legal then why shouldn't they be allowed to?
Old 12-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not sure how running deer with dogs is any less hunting than taking a 20 yard broadside shot at a deer from a deer stand. But, i think that i will pass on any further discussion here since threads on this topic inevitably degenerate into the intellectual equivalent of feeding time for the retards at a Bulgarian orphanage.

As a final comment i will say that it is interesting to note that current efforts to ban use of dogs for deer hunting generally involve some pretty strange relations between hunters that dont like the practice and animal rights groups that are eager to ban all sorts of hunting that uses dogs. Of course, once they stop stuff like that, guess who is next?

Quick Reply: wats you view on running deer with dogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.