Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Climbing Treestand Recommendations? >

Climbing Treestand Recommendations?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Climbing Treestand Recommendations?

Old 12-18-2008, 08:59 PM

Default RE: Climbing Treestand Recommendations?

ORIGINAL: bigpapa

Been using a tree lounge for years. Great stand real comfortable. But I hear good things about the Summit too.
same here i wouldnt take anything in the world for my lounge
Old 12-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

I'm looking hard at treewalker stands for next year. I have heard alot of good things about them, and really like what I see.I'm hoping to be able to actually see one and maybe try it out before I purchase.

http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/index.asp

I would say Summit is the most popular, followed probably by Lone Wolf...both nice stands for sure.

I just got the Treewalker Promag. Very, very comfortable. All up weight as pictured is actually 22 1/2lbs. They said the 18lbs is just the bare aluminum frame, no cable, bolts & nuts, seat, pads, etc. The only thing I do not like is the plastic tube/pipe that is around the cables. As you climb, you here the cable slapping around inside the tube as it drags the tree. I was thinking of drill a few holes in the tube and spray some expanding foam in them to sucure the cable to the tube. Would this be a good idea? any suggestions?
Old 12-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Typical Buck

Look at the Equalizer treestands. They are a significant improvement over other brands.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit viper, hands down. One issue, however, that I expierenced this year that never came up in the past: Normally, I refrain from using climbers on thin barked trees. This year, due to clearcutting, I was left with small poplar trees. The temps were in the single digits for several days, freezing the bark. The Summitt's " teeth " would only dent the bark slightly. I nearly took a ride twice that day. Some of the earlier mentioned stands have better biting teeth, but require a more violent pull on the foot climber to continue up or down.

It's a trade off, but for the money, it's tough to beat the Viper.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have several climbers API, Summit, Hunters View, Gorrilla, and a tree lounge. All are good stands, my favorites are the API and the Summit. Both are easy to set up on the tree and fairly quiet to climb in if you pick out the right tree and they are the lightest. The Tree Lounge is a extremely comfortable stand to sit long periods in. If I was to buy a new one tomorrow it would be the API or the Summit both are very hard to beat. Good luck in your choice.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Guys at the shop use Cougar stands and seem to like them a lot. They are similar to summits but with a few improvements. Still would go with a lounge though
Old 12-19-2008, 01:13 PM

A.P.I.

my dads is amazing
Old 12-19-2008, 01:50 PM

GO W/ A SUMMIT.....
Old 12-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont know if they are still made but loggy biou made a nice climber
Old 12-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a Summit 180 Max. Love it. I'm 6'2" 320 lb. and it fits me just fine. The surround seat is very comfortable. This is my second year with it and the only thing I dislike is the zip ties that hold the padding on come loose. I'll be replacing them one of the days.

Quick Reply: Climbing Treestand Recommendations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.