Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Browning X-bolt

Old 12-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default Browning X-bolt

I am wanting to get an X-Bolt, i thinking 7mm Mag, but I really like a 30-06, what do you guys think of the Xbolt???
Old 12-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Browning X-bolt

my brother in law just bought one in 270 WSM... took it to anticosti island and took 2 nice bucks.
Awesome guns... very light and durable...

Old 12-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Browning X-bolt

i finally get to talk about my x-bolt. i just bought one this past summer. i got the 30-06 stainless synthetic. the first time out i shot a nice doe at 100 yards. the rifle has a perfect weight. it is not too heavy and it is not too light. To go along with that, the recoil is minimal. the 60 degree bolt throw is great. it's nice not to have the bolt interfere with the scope.

the only thing i don't like is the plastic magazine. i am a little old school and think that any part of the gun that comes in contact with a bullet should be metal. however, i have shot well over 100 rounds out of the gun with no problems.

the rigle is expensive, but once you buy it you will never have to buy another one again.