Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Neighbor's dog shot

Old 12-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Neighbor's dog shot

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter.

Please reread posting rule number 1.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

my bad on the quote thing first time doing it..
my grandpas beagle got shot last year rabbit hunting. he was trailing a rabbit and crossed one of the fences and there was a guy on the other side and the dog ran by him and he pulled up and shot it in the chest. i wanted to shoot him and see how it makes him feel. we called the local police and they said they couldnt do anything about it because it crossed the property line and he could do whatever he wanted because it was his land. who would shoot someones dog if the owner was on the other fence watching?? theres some messed up people out there
there we go
Old 12-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

that is truly sad.i don't think there is any excuse to shoot a dog unless it was mauling somebody i suppose.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

somebody could have got a pass through on a deer and it hit the dog?

I think there's a better chance of getting hit by lightning TWICE in one day AND hitting the lottery the same day.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crokit

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

somebody could have got a pass through on a deer and it hit the dog?

I think there's a better chance of getting hit by lightning TWICE in one day AND hitting the lottery the same day.
yeah thats true but it could happen.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Legal or illegal I really find it surprising that so many would shoot someones pet.A wild dog would be fair game but I just can't imagine hearing tags jingling as you thumped it.

I have in the past carried a rubber blunt in my quiver for a dog that showed up more than once but not sure I am man enough to loose a BH at a pet.

I guess I have a little compassion for my nieghbors and would be willing to sacrifice a hunt. Lived on a dairy farmin upstate NY when I was 15 and was given the job of shooting the farm mutt that was worrying the sheep. Distasteful but necessary and not the same as shooting the one time frolicking in the woods fido.

If you need to shoot a dog to consider yourself ahunter your probably not.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jim1966

I like how all you sissies are all big and bad behind the computer saying you would kill someone over a dog. All I have to say is you would be someones sissy girl in prison. There is a leash law where I live and if something happens to a dog then its the owners fault.
I was wondering when someone would point this out. Taking a persons life over a domestic dog is about as stupid as it gets. Definitely more stupid that blatantly shooting a dog for no reason. I wonder who the real idiot is: The guy who shoots dogs for no reason or the guy who beats his chest and claims that they'll literally kill another person if their dog gets killed?

Here's a good one and it's absolutely 100% true. Back about 15 years ago my dad had2 maleWhite English Bulldogs, not to be confused with the Georgia Bulldog though. These dogs were very well trained and they listenedand obeyed commands like a kid. They wouldn't leave the yard but if another dog entered it was all over for that unlucky dog. It would die 100% of the time.

Well, sure enough, this dog roams into the yard and my father gets there just as this dog's spirit floats up heavenward. My father, not wanting the dog to suffer any more than necessary, gets his pistol and puts the dog at peace. (I don't think it was necessary because when there's 2 100 pound English Bulldogs pulling at each end, you get the picture.)

Well, just as my dad puts the pistol in its holster this truck pulls up and a man says, "Hey fella, have you seen my dog?" My dads eyes got about as big as saucers!He was very honest with the guy and told him exactly what happened. The guy was pissed off but there was nothing that either one of them could do to make the situation better. Moral of the story: Keep your dogs under control and$h!t won't happen.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

One of his greatet pieces of advise to me was to never get attached to any animal as a pet cause eventually it will either die or you will have to kill it.
Replace the word animal with the word people and the word child with the word pet and then rething the wisdom????????
Old 12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

This turned out to be one hot subject...For me, if I knew the dog was someones pet, I would never kill it unless it was attacking someone....on the other hand here in Southern California we have areas that have very mean feral dogs, that have been dumped there by their owners (for those of you that live here -Lytle Creek) these dogs turn feral, and have been known to come out of nowwhere to try to chew your leg off....The County imposed harsh fines for people dumping their dogs in this area (if they get caught) of around $1000 and up...and criminal charges.
I did shoot one of those feral dogs years ago, the dog charged us, and I fired a shot over its head to scare it away, and it kept on coming, my partner that was with me shot him about 15 yards from us...

There are other areas around that have problems with feral dogs also...most of this is due to extremely irresponsible pet owners in the first place ditching their dogs...but on the other hand peoples dogs do get out, and I do not think that makes the owners irresponsible pet owners. I do not think pets should be terminated unless they are going to do someone some harm.
This is a heated subject that will not have a positive ending anyway!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

My thoughts on the subject is seeing that it is a lab and clearley not a coyote that the dog should have been left a lone. I know I would never shot someones dog. But I have seen some cases of hybrided coyotes getting shot and I'm sure that they were accdent. But shoting a lab is no accdent.

Quick Reply: Neighbor's dog shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.