Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Neighbor's dog shot

Old 12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Neighbor's dog shot

Waiting for the idiots to show up that think a dogs life is worth as much as a humans......
Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Bad deal for your buddy. If I see a dog roaming any of my properties I usually try to go catch it to see if it has a collar or not. If it doesn't and its acting aggressive towards me, boom. Sorry y'all.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

The laws differ pretty widely from state to state. If someone shoots a dog and can only offer the justification that it was beyond the control of the owner, then they can pretty easily end up facing legal charges or a lawsuit in civil court.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ilove my dogs to death and would be crushed if that happen I feel bad for your nieghbor. It's true the owner deserves some blame but the fact is that I'm sure the dogs weren't out all the time, just like kids once in awhile they stray that doesn't give some a-hole the right to give sportsmen a bad name and shoot what they don't consider table fare or a trophy not to mention they do not have a license to shoot. I could see certain instances where a stray dog may warrant action but I would bet my house this lab didin't warrent it
Old 12-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Keeping a dog in a kennel all the time is not a good idea for every dog breed. For some, it's nothing but torture. You can get away with that with Labs, but some dogs will become uncontrollable.

I do always try to keep my dogs kenneled during deer season, though.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

that's awful.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Last year, i ended up having to help folks at the kennel down the road from my house look for a dog that had escaped. Even the real professionals can't control all their animals all the time.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could never shoot someones dog. I've wanted to shoot thema time or two (my parents dogs actually) but I couldn't do it. It someones pet. The dog doesn't know any better and just because your mad the dog ran iff you deer is no reason to shoot one. Now on the other hand if the dog threatens my children....Dead dog.

No dog is worth any human life for sure. But they are someones pet. So they mean alot to someone. What gives me the right to take that away because it ran in front of me one day. If its an repetative thing then the owner needs contacted or the dog catcher called. Or even the dog caught and taken to the pound. But to kill the dog is accessive.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Spike

Betterbirddog, i know where you're coming from... I have 5 dogs they don't get out. regardless, i feel it's unacceptable to shoot a non-threatening dog with a collar and tags. The owner does takes responsibility. but it's not about that for me I feel bad a hunter would do this. It's about Morals...

Quick Reply: Neighbor's dog shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.