Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING?? >

SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING??

Old 12-16-2008, 12:38 PM

Default SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING??

ScentLok or ScentBloker clothing???
Is it really worth the $$$$$
Im looking to get a jacket thats not bulky yet I can bowhunt in cold weather under 40Degrees here in Georgia..
Any comments or suggestions?
Old 12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING??

I like it others dont. Its what you believe. I noe that i shot two deer with it on and in both cases they were down wind of me. So to me it works, to others it might not.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just started a poll about this 10 minutes ago. Try looking over the first page before starting another thread....
Old 12-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

I buy it formy outer gear, if I can. It doesn't add as much cost as it used to. I like the silver lining material in some of the gear now. It is supposed to block bacterial growth which causes the scent. It doesn't have the conceptual problem that the absorbtion(when is it full?) model does. Activated carbon is a great absorbion material, but when is it full, how can it be reactivated, is it all full when it is delivered to you since it isn't packed sealed from odor?
Old 12-16-2008, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

I just started a poll about this 10 minutes ago. Try looking over the first page before starting another thread....
Pardon me..
Old 12-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont buy the special scent clothes. i buy regular hunting clothes and wash them in scentkiller then i spray down with it
Old 12-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

no ,dont waste your money. i use cedar on my clothes ,its everywhere i hunt. find something thats native to your area.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:48 PM

If you have the cash to spend it is worth it, if you don't have all the $$ use scent remover
Old 12-16-2008, 05:44 PM

i dont belive it complety makes you scent prof but it helps
Old 12-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Spike

I never believed it until a lady in our camp bought a suit. We were standing around at camp and she complained of being hot. She unzipped her jacket and her dam perfume about knocked me down. She sprays hairspray and perfume everyday and still sees deer. I bought some, but I still wont wear my clothes unless Im in the woods. I have seen several mature bucks downwind and rarely get busted. Consider a Scentloc Savana suit as it is a little cheaper and you can use it as a layer if needed.

Quick Reply: SCENTLOK, SCENTBLOKER CLOTHING??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.