Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

descent people?

Old 12-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: descent people?

Kind of reminds me of the guy who preached tome that the only truely sporting way to hunt deer is with a bow, but then the following year he got caught illegally baiting.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

A lot of folks who legally have hunting licenses and deer tags hunt of their trucks and chase deer around on private and public property in vehicles. If you guys think that its only the "poachers" who do this you're dillusional.

I'm not trying to spread any wisdom or anything. This is my take on how you can help control folks who do this type of thing.

As far as deer populations go what a stupid argument. I have shot 5 does and a nice buck with my bow. It's a lazy mans excuse to say you need a rifle to kill deer.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

I assume that you didnt hunt out of a stand and that you stalked those deer without benefit of camo, scents, etc. Also gonna assume that you used a handmade wooden "traditional" bow with deer sinew for string. Anything else would be downright lazy
Old 12-17-2008, 10:28 AM

We should all be agreeing that road hunting is wrong. However, to question a fellow hunter's method is just flat out wrong. Where I hunt I generally don't get shots much over a hundred yards. It doesn't matter what firearm I use at that range. Saying that rifle hunting is not sport is the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard. If its not your weapon of choice fine, but don't question if everyone is a sportsman who hunts with a rifle. I'm almost certain I've killed as many deer with a bow as you have, however if its gun season I use a gun.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

A lot of folks who legally have hunting licenses and deer tags hunt of their trucks and chase deer around on private and public property in vehicles. If you guys think that its only the "poachers" who do this you're dillusional.

I'm not trying to spread any wisdom or anything. This is my take on how you can help control folks who do this type of thing.

As far as deer populations go what a stupid argument. I have shot 5 does and a nice buck with my bow. It's a lazy mans excuse to say you need a rifle to kill deer.
So your saying if you have a license anything goes. Just because the guy has a license and maybe even hunts legaly sometimes does not mean the practice your describing is not poaching. He knowingly uses illegal practices to kill animals....that is poaching...no matter what legaly purchased tags may be in his pocket....Its not hunting its poaching.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

betterbirddogs, you must not live in eastern NC. and people arguing over what is the correct tool to use? this is supposed to be about me venting about roadhunting. and fyi, in eastern nc it's practically a must to have a rifle; there is thick terrain, and thin, nothing in between, and extremely flat land, and the place i hunt is so thick with briars, i could not even begin to try and squeeze an arrow through. i bow hunt, but not at my home, not in my area, it's just not very conducive to that particular style of hunting. any legal weapon that can be used to take deer i support, and try to participate in the appropriate seasons with.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

Oh I see. If it isn't your way it isn't good.I have known people like you and as usual they like you are full of them selves just like you. You call me lazy I call you an idiot.

Spudrow from MO
Old 12-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

I had the same problem last year pulled off a little CSI New York did a little investigating and turned them into the DEC in new york they were fined and received 15 tickets and lost there licenses for at least five years less of these guys out there is better for the guys like us that hunthard and the right way.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Spike

buddy of mine just had two 4yr old 8pts shot in the head and left for dead after years of management. one would score in the 130's the other mid 40's i'd say. i pray all road hunters and spotlighters be caught by the warden
Old 12-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

ridge runner, i think it's awesome to pull off a 1300 yard shot. that's like 3900 feet. that's out there. my personal best was a lung shot on a doe at 297 yards. she went all of 20 yards. but i respect what you do if some of these people don't. rifle hunting is hard whether you're 300 yards and in, or out 4/5 of a mile.

Quick Reply: descent people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.