Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Best Trail Cam Bang for the $$$ >

Best Trail Cam Bang for the $$$

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:11 PM

Default Best Trail Cam Bang for the $$$

[hr]

Thinking of getting a couple cams after xmas.
Whats the best deal on a decent cam??
[/align]
Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Trail Cam Bang for the $$$

wildview

Old 12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Moultree 4.0. Nothing too fancy, but gets good battery life, can take up to a 2 gig sd card, and I've got em as cheap as $69.00 at Cabelas
Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ultra man

Moultree 4.0. Nothing too fancy, but gets good battery life, can take up to a 2 gig sd card, and I've got em as cheap as $69.00 at Cabelas
i agree. my grandpa bought 6 of them because they were cheap and they take pretty quality pictures. i like them
Old 12-15-2008, 06:40 PM

My Moultrie has a push button on/off andis fine until it gets cold, it seems to turn itself off on a cold night. My Wildvied has a toggle on/off and seems to do much better in the cold. Pretty equal otherwise.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 PM

Moultrie D40 is (in my opinion) the best low-end camera on the market, but it depends on where you plan on placing it. These cameras do not work well on trails because of the "Sleep Mode".All of mine are placed around food plots where deer are for a longer period of time. I currently have two of these and will be at least doubling that soon.

For true trail cameras, it can get alittle pricier.

I would suggest that you check out Chasing Game. The person/people that run thsi site do a lot of extensive tests on most every commercially available camera ont he market. From what I can tell, these are independent studies. Use the board on thate site to see what owners (people that have spent money on the cameras) say. This site is pricelss.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 AM

I have a seathcam I540IR and it takes pretty good pictures until it gets really cold then it seems that it goes to sleep. Maybe its just the batteries they were in the whole year.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Moultrie all dayI recommend a IR model
Old 12-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on what you are going to be using it for. If you are putting one over a bait source I would say the Stealth I590 for around $100 is the best bang for the buck right now. I seems to have a better sensor than the D40 does and takes higher quality pictures and records the temperature and moon phase on the photo all for about $10 more than the D40. If you want an all around camera that will also be useful on trails I would recommend the Scoutguard 550 at around $200.

I've personally used 2 different models of Moultries (3 different cameras), 2 different models of Stealthcams (4 different cameras), a Bushnelland a Scoutguard. I keep my cameras out 24/7/365 so things like battery life and durability are important to me.

If you really want to know and hear about folks that have a passion for trail cameras, check out www.chasingame.com the entire site is dedicated to trail cameras.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

Moultrie- definately. Best deal and always took great pictures.

Quick Reply: Best Trail Cam Bang for the $$$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.