Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Funniest thing you've seen from your stand? >

Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Old 12-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Default RE: Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Ha ha I have seen many amazing things hunting. This year I saw a squirrel play with a stick like a cat does. Last year i watched an eight point buck sit on his rear and stare up at the trees to watch the turkeys land. Amazing! I bagged that buck two minutes later. Hunting is an adventure into the secret life of animals
Old 12-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

I saw a groundhog climb down a tree a few years back. It really shocked me as well.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 12-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a doe opening morning in WI.She layed dead about 35 yds from my stand.10 minutes later a 6 point walks under my tree and over to the doe.He looks at her for about 5 minutes, bends down and smells her. He walked over the top of her and tried to mount her and jumped off her real quick. Then he walked about 20 yds from her and layed down.

45 miutes later a spike come walking along and gets pretty close to the dead doe. Up jumps the 6 pt and comes walking stiff legged, hair up on his back, between the doe and spike(like,"get away from my girlfriend"). He walked the spike up over the ridge and I never saw either one again.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Banned

Had a turkey fly down and almost land on top of a doe. Scared the crap out of her.

Got toasty warm one morning and decided to take a little nap. Had a doe 10' behind me snort and about made me go in my pants.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Spike

Two bears having intercoarse. It was a young boar and an old soar and the old sow didnt like that so much. He would jump on her and she would kick him off then he would try again and she would kick him off again it was great
Old 12-16-2008, 06:00 AM

Early this yearI had a fork come in and tried to play with a group of turkeys that were 20 yards away. The turkeys didnt want anything to do with him though.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

For all of you who like to watch squirrels get what they deserve watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Ya6z-NlDo

I'm sure it's been posted on here before but it's still damn funny.

The funniest thing I've ever seen while hunting (not in a stand), is a guy melt down and throw his shotgun after he took five shots at a sharptail grouse and miss. It was freaking halarious. I have had a hawk try and land on my head while up in a stand once. If I didn't move at the last second, he would have used my scalp as a perch (not cool!). After he veered off and landed in the tree next to me, he stared at me for about a minute wonder why a tree would move like that. Pretty funny if you ask me
Old 12-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Back in the 1980's I was hunting near a field when I spotted a grouse walking down the deer path I was watching at the same time I saw a red fox who had also spotted it. The fox hid in the weds and when the grouse came near he jumped on it but the grouse started beating the fox with his wings and pecking him in the face until the fox turned him loose and he flew away. Then the fox went out into the field and got aan apple from the tree I was watching and sat down an ate it. Now I know it was probably my imagination but the look on that fox's face wasn't happy at all. I would have loved to have had a video camera it was priceless.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MO-KS_hunter

For all of you who like to watch squirrels get what they deserve watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Ya6z-NlDo

I'm sure it's been posted on here before but it's still damn funny.
That's kind of mean, but funny as hell. I wonder what the squirrel was thinking when he was flying through the air.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Watched a guy who never saw me in my tree stand take a dump. After he finished I started to laugh and watched him turn about 5 shades of red.

Quick Reply: Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.