Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Funniest thing you've seen from your stand? >

Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Old 12-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

I'm interested in what you've seen from your stand that just cracked you up. It happened for me yesterday (the 13th of December) during a morning hunt. I watched a squirrel attempt to climb up one of my feeders legs, but starting slipping. He jumped on a big bush near the leg and regained his balance, and I lost sight of him in the scope. Then the bush got real still, then BANZAI!!! He leapt off the bush, trying to land on the timer box, but face planted into the side of it, flipped over it mid air, then landed on his back and ran off as fast as he could. Almost like "I hope no one saw that!!" Pretty much ended my hunt right then and there

Anyone else see anything funny from their stands?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Had some corn in a cattle feeder,about 30 turkeys were fighting
to get up in the platform of the feeder talk about a mad house!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

house cat tried to climb up the tree i was in and then a squirrel jumped and hit my backrest scaring the crap out of me and the cat. still shot a decent doe that day about an hour after it happened
Old 12-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have seen a squirrel fall out of a tree before..it was great
Old 12-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

This year I had a red fox running around like a puppy.... he was having a balst.
He would sprint one direction, then spin around and head the other way...
sometimes trying to grap a stick or a weed in his teeth... what a joker.
DW
Old 12-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

I had three baby coons and a mother wrestling in front of my standfor about twenty minutes earlier this year! They were climbing grape vines and trying to push each other off! It was great entertainment!
-Jake
Old 12-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

I watched a guy sitting in a blowdown cooton wood (he was sitting on a brance about 3 ft off the ground fall asleep and take a backwards header off the branch. He got up and saw me, ducked his head and walked out.

I also tooks a guy and his son turkey hunting for the first time a few years back. We kinda set up in a triangle with me calling from the rear. After about 45 minutes of nuttin, I went to collect the boy. We then went to get dad. We found him curled up in the fetal position hugging his 12 ga like a baby and sound asleep. I tried real hard to get a pic but he woke up.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

I had a racoon eating at the corn pile and a decent little 8 pt came up to the pile. The coon jumped up at the buck andhetook off like a whipped puppy.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:43 AM

A squirrel was running back and forth in the branches above my head. He attempted to jump to another tree about 40ft up and the branch broke and he fell. The branch landed on top of him. I dont think I have ever seen a squirrel plummit to their death before this. But I dont think I have ever laughed so hard.....I hate squirrels.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Watched a squirel running through the tree tops, jump to the next tree and have the branch break, he fell about 20 feet, bounced about 3 feet into the air, got up and ran up the closest tree and kept going.

One morining in PA after filling my doe tag, watching an apple tree, a big doe came in to eat the apples. Was pretty funny, she'd pick up an apple, eat it while staring right at me. Drop her head, get the next apple. This went on for about 5-6 apples, then she paused, looking right at me, and burped! I almost fell out of the tree laughing.

Quick Reply: Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.