Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Funniest thing you've seen from your stand? >

Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Old 12-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Spike

Default RE: Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

well i wasn't in my stand...my dad and i were out scouting for bow season, when this van pulled up about 100yds from us. we didn't think much about it but wasn't much longer they started to make all kinds of nosies. well i think you guys know what was going on..
Old 12-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was watching this crazy squirrel make jumps that I've never seen squirrels make before. The distance between braches and the height he was at made me think it was nuts. He was putting on quite the show.

As I was watching him, I thought to myself I wonder what would happen if he fell. Just seconds later he attempted a large jump but the tip of the dead brach broke off and he was now free falling. He made some weird squeaking sound as he fell. Well he survived. Onceit hit the groundhe made another sound and right away jumped onto a log and starting chattering. It was pretty cool.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Nature_Nut

well i wasn't in my stand...my dad and i were out scouting for bow season, when this van pulled up about 100yds from us. we didn't think much about it but wasn't much longer they started to make all kinds of nosies. well i think you guys know what was going on..

what was going on?maybe some pictures would help next time.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny - cool - dumb !!!

Two seasons ago, while bow hunting in early November,I watched an otter swimming towards me in a small creek that I was overlooking from my climbimng stand. These critters are fairly rare to see down this way. So i was talking it all in.

It popped up out of the creek and started rolling all over this clump of what I call "bear grass", a wide leafed clumpy grass that is made up of tough fronds. Anyway, after a few minutes of that, he backed up to the grass, hiked his entire rear end (hind legs included) 2' - 3"off the ground and wriggling his butt rapidly, marked the territory. Did this in 3 spots along the creek bank before sliding back into the water. That's the funny part.

In a few minutes I saw the water start to roil to my right and out he pops with a crawfish in hand. He got 3 more out of that spot for his breakfast and then moved on. That's the cool part.

Now here's the stupid part. I get down about noon. I had to "mark territory" too. So I go over to the creek bank to relieve my needs into the water.Like a moron forgot about the otter's antics.I bushed my left pants leg against the bear grass where that otter had sprayed ... oh, good Lord !! Talk about cover scent !!!

Old 12-16-2008, 03:53 PM

my cousing streakingin the field that i was watching
Old 12-16-2008, 06:01 PM

about 2 years ago i killed o doe 225 yards away after watching her drop about 5 minuets later 5 more does came in and stood around her in a nice little circle with ther heads down like they were haveing a funneral service for her