Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Funniest thing you've seen from your stand? >

Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Old 12-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

So far the funniest thing I've seen is a couple coons beating each other down.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Saw a guy pull his truck off the road and get up close along the tree line. He got out in a camo jacket and gets out right quick.I thought does this guy think hes gonna try and hunt here?

Nope - he had to use the bushes.

Came out of the bushed with his pants around his thighs to find something to wipe. Seeing him walking like a ompa-loompa with those pants down was funny.

When he left I was thinking, "Did I just have a Davidmil encounter?"

Nah! Dave would have prepared with a Bumper Dumper.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

During early bow season i had two young women (about college age) get off their mountain bikes and walk them up the hillright past me. One was going on and on about how she "wore out" her boyfriend last night.
I was in a ground blind and they were just about right on top of me when they realizedthe blind was there.the "talkative one" camecloser andasked if anyone was in there.When i said i was they both started laughing pretty hard.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

I saw a Doe stomp a barn cat.

cat came walking through the woods, and there was doe out in front of me feeding. Doe turned around when she heard the cat coming down the trail. She turned towards the cat and started walking towards it. Cat kept coming like it was no big thing. That doe reared up and jumped on that Cats back. That cat launched up into the air and took off. Didnt look like the deer hurt the cat, but i dont think that cat will close to deer again. That was a mean doe. lol
Old 12-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Early bow season a few years ago....Squirrel on the ground near me. Hawk somehow spirals down through the canopy, full on dive....squirrel at the base of a pine tree hops just to the right at the last minute....hawk doesnt adjust and SMACKS the tree full speed. Sounded like somebody hit that tree with a baseball bat.....squirrel scampered off, hawk laid there for atleast 5min before gettin up on its feet shaking its head and flying off.

Or this year, got in the tree.....the only tree big enough to hold a stand in the middle of a cutover (had metal in it), and there was a squirrel in it. Well the squirrel didnt move until last hour of light when it decided to come down....it got right to my right shoulder about 6in away, I turn to look at it and it looked at me, chirped then jumped. Not sure what it landed on but it never made another move after it hit the ground. Ive seen them jump to othe rlimbs, miss, fall, and run away, but never saw one die.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 125py

i have seen a squirrel fall out of a tree before..it was great
x2 so frickin funny
Old 12-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Last year, I witnessed a bit of wild hog sex. Shot the boar right behind the ear, after he finished. Not sure whether that's funny or not. Saw some cow sex Saturday. Didn't shoot the bull though. The rancher wouldn't have found that funny at all...
Old 12-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen many funny things while hunting. This is just one more reason to enjoy the outdoors. One morning I had about five or six does and fawns come out on the line. I knew there was a yellow jackets nest where they came out. One of the fawns stuck her head in the hole where the nest was. Obviously the jackets didn't like this. It was hilarious to watch that fawn go back three different times to stick her head in that hole. Each time she would shake her head and buck like a bull, but she would keep going back for more. After getting stung God knows how many times, she would buck and run around in circles before going back. The group eventually went on across and into the woods. About an hour or so later, the same doe group crossed back over the line. The little doe went right back to the hole while the others crossed. She had to do it just one more time. She went bucking back into the woods behind the other does.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

squirrel was running at me on a branch perpendicular to the tree a threw my hands up and hissed the thing jumped straight out of the tree hit the ground and kept running
Old 12-15-2008, 07:34 PM

thi wasnt on stand, but i drove the atv down this old loggin road to pick up a deer, and i spooked 8 gobblers and they ran a little before they took off and one jake looked away and ran square into a big oak tree-stunned him and he was out cold for about 20 seconds, then he woke up and ran off

-another one was hawk related...there were 5 squirrels n top of a tree and they were messin around and this hawk swoops down and its game over for one of em, and the rest just stop dead in their tracks, then another gets another squirrel, and the rest finally got the hint

Quick Reply: Funniest thing you've seen from your stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.