Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Selling your trophy

Old 11-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Spike

I have a trophy albino Mountain sheep I would be interested in selling it if the money is right as well as a replica.. =)
Old 11-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Spike

I would have to take the money. There was one guy on here that said he would not take it.. I hate to pick on ya buddy but you must not have a wife or a house loan..

If I came home and told my wife that I turned down a 100K so I could keep the "real" set of horns. I would probably be on the wall next to that deer head...lol
Old 11-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Oh, I'd take a lot less than $ 100,000.00.

But I'd sure take the hundred K....
Old 11-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

For $100k, I'd sell 3 of them.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll never kill anything that large so I don't have to worry.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

Picture of me and the real deer, give me a faked horn mount and 100k. Don't really give a crap if I have the originals er not. Tell my wife I sold it for 20k and take her on a nice vacation hunting caribou, bear and salmon fishing. Everybody happy, happy, happy
Old 11-26-2013, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sold without 1 second of hesitation. That much would pay off every bill the wife and I have plus give me about $40K to spend on more hunting trips. Besides, if my wife found out someone offered me that much, she would insist they be sold. Figure all they cost was a deer tag in the first place. You can't find anything else with that sort of return. This would be hunting's equivalent of finding a Rembrandt at a garage sale. You ever hear of anyone keeping the painting? Nope, it is on its way to auction as soon as possible.

But, like others have mentioned, the odds of getting such an animal is very, very slim. A deer would either have to be the world record or be very close to it to command that price. Such deer are not common, which is why a price in 6 digits is even talked about.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wibucks
100k plus a replica-I'm taking that deal.
Absolutely.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

I'd rather lease the antlers to them for a specified amount of time and for a specified monthly payment... if I could....

If not, show me the money.. No chunk of calcified bone is going to sit around my place when I could get 100K for it.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not that it changes the subject, but did anyone else notice the dates of the posts before the first one on this page?

Someone did some digging into the archives!

Quick Reply: Selling your trophy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.