Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

braking the law

Old 12-11-2008, 08:30 PM

Default RE: braking the law

ORIGINAL: Centauri

If you have, you don't deserve to hunt.
haha
Old 12-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

I have probably shot deer after and before legal shooting light but I am much more conscious of it now, and I make every effort to respect and obey all game laws. However many guys I know dont, they shoot deer w/ rifles in restricted zones and even out of season, I dont like it but I dont condem them either ,cause at least the deer is not wasted on the side of the road or eaten alive by yotes, but the crap I just cant tolerate is guys wack'n as many as 6 bucks in a season when your only allowed 2 legally. Im not a cop, so Im not tell guys how to hunt, but for crying out loud, take your fair share and leave some us legal hunters!

You're pissed that guys shoot 6 bucks in a season, but not pissed when they shoot a deer out of season or where they're not supposed to? And to think that the deer is going to get eaten alive by coyotes is completely asinine.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Ive never broken any hunting laws ever...
Old 12-12-2008, 05:08 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

99% of the people that say they have never broken any game laws are lying. It's like masturbation. There are those that admit to it and those that lie about it.

It's nice to be in the 1%. People have 0 respect for animals and the law. Its about shooting a big buck, dead in its tracks from 300 yards. Then pretending like you're a great hunter. TV ruined hunting. People will stop at nothing for notoriety.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vabyrd

It's nice to be in the 1%. People have 0 respect for animals and the law. Its about shooting a big buck, dead in its tracks from 300 yards. Then pretending like you're a great hunter. TV ruined hunting. People will stop at nothing for notoriety.

YUP!! And, it won't be long before the SKILL of hunting falls to the way side only to be replaced with " have to kill something " mentality. I believe we're already there, unfortunately.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't since reaching maturity. But back in high school we use to poach hogs on peoples property. Not something I'm proud of now but it was fun back then. I try to obey all rules, regulations, and laws now because it's the right thing to do. The military has taught me to keep a high degree of integrity and if I start to feel bad about something, more than likely I shouldn't be doing it.

Also, I don't think Wolves/Coyotes eating a deer is a waste. They've got to eat too and it's natural as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, I was hunting in a county that is archery only and got a ticket for Blaze orange. I wasnt wearing any.

Went to court over it and instead of just paying it, the judge through it out saying its ridiculous to make bowhunters in a bowhunting only county wear blaze orange just because all of the gun hunters in other counties are wearing it.

A year later the state changed the law and now we dont have to wear blaze orange in that county while bowhunting. I still broke the law, even though it was a stupid one.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:13 AM
bigcountry

Sure I have. I have crossed onto treehuggers property toretrieve my deer. I have violently confronted antihunters who was also breaking the law messing around with my duck hunting. I did stay in a little later than I should the other night when there was snow on the ground. Not sure how late. I have covered up my orange because it was inconvienent when putting on a heavy jacket. I have killed a poisonious snake on public land. I have witnessed others breaking the law, and did not turn them in. That too is breaking the law. Sure there is others. But I really try to stay within the law.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

I have probably shot deer after and before legal shooting light but I am much more conscious of it now, and I make every effort to respect and obey all game laws. However many guys I know dont, they shoot deer w/ rifles in restricted zones and even out of season, I dont like it but I dont condem them either ,cause at least the deer is not wasted on the side of the road or eaten alive by yotes, but the crap I just cant tolerate is guys wack'n as many as 6 bucks in a season when your only allowed 2 legally. Im not a cop, so Im not tell guys how to hunt, but for crying out loud, take your fair share and leave some us legal hunters!

You're pissed that guys shoot 6 bucks in a season, but not pissed when they shoot a deer out of season or where they're not supposed to? And to think that the deer is going to get eaten alive by coyotes is completely asinine.
You dont seem to get the point of what Im saying but since you were so polite, Ill explain it to you.

Like I said in my last post,"I dont like it" but Im not a law enforcement officer for the NYDEC so Im not going to tell guys how to kill thier deer,they have their own conscience to deal w/, just as long they take their fair share and leave some for the rest of us,is all Im gonna concern myself w/.

As to thinking coyotes dont take down deer, thats whats "asinine". I see them running deer where I hunt, all the time and theres alot of car crippled deer around here,you dont think the yotes can take those deer down? Of course they can and do! yotes also dont kill their prey before they eat it either, like a cougar, when its down, they start munching. All im saying is, although I despise poaching, Id rather see a deer taken w/ a rifle in a slug zone , or even out of season, than dying that way, or rotting in some road dept. landfill somewhere.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I brake my car when I go hunting. I try not to break the law when I'm in the woods.

Quick Reply: braking the law

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.