Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Scoutguard or Cuddeback Capture >

Scoutguard or Cuddeback Capture

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scoutguard or Cuddeback Capture

Old 12-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scoutguard or Cuddeback Capture

which camera is a better buy and why?
Old 12-07-2008, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scoutguard or Cuddeback Capture

I was reading last night that the cuddieback cameras take a CF card (compact flash) instead of an SD card. That is a huge minus for me. Everything I own uses the SD cards........
I have a moultrie D40 that takes "ok" pictures and is super simple to use. 89$ plus 10$ for a 1GB SD card.

I have a Stealth Cam I390 that I think was 179$ and 20$ for the 512MB card and is so difficult to set up, program, CF cards with camera setting is a F(&^%$ pain in the butt....... I'd be willing to trade for anouth D40.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I literally threw a cruddeback in the garbage because it wouldn't work and they wouldn't make it good. That being said, if they were the last trail camera maker on the market, I would go without.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never used the Scoutguard but I did recently use a Capture IR. I returned it promptly. It does use an SD card but the IR pictures were junk. The daytime pictures were nice but I could not live with the IR night pictures. I'll post two picture examplesfrom it so you can see what I mean.

Daytime:

IR - Night:

Old 12-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a night time pic from my Cuddeback Expert. I think it's pretty good.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:15 AM

I got a Scoutguard this summer and have had great success with it. Good nighttime pictures as well as daytime and good video too. I am still using the same 8 AA batteries that I started with, over 3,000 pictures ago!!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own either (yet) but will be buying the scoutgard based on all my research over the past few months. Not to knock the cudde, they make a nice product. I just think that the sg550 has more for the money. sg gives you good pics, video, ir, fast trigger, and approx 2500 pics + videos on one set of 8AA's. Plus (which I like) its very small, which means easier to hide. Again, I don't own it...but I will soon.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

it is a tough decision for me, but i was not aware with all the research that i have done that the capture does not use SD cards, which is what i use as well. i am leaning to the scoutguard even more now!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.trailcampro.com/findthetr...estforyou.aspx
this website really helped me out to find a camera and strangely enough it picked the scoutguard for me! if anyone is having trouble with buying a camera i suggest this web page!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:50 AM

the capture uses an sd card

Quick Reply: Scoutguard or Cuddeback Capture

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.