Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Idea Hunting Show

Old 12-03-2008, 09:43 PM

Default RE: Idea Hunting Show

Hunting for the average guy, you know, stuck hunting public land, which in my case paid off well this year for me, 141" 9 pt. But lots of work in the process. Show real scerenerios, set-up, wind, equipment is a must. Look us up Shy Flats Antler Militia, we know public land hunting...
Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Banned

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter, using symbols like $ for s.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 PM

I absolutely love deer hunting and enjoy watching it, but TV is flooded with deer hunting shows. I like the idea about having public land hunts and even the "road trips" idea done on public land.This one is also a good idea:

I envision it like this. Michael Wadell or (insert your favorite hunter) comes up to me at my gun range prior to season and says he wants to film a hunt with me. (this is all caught on film of course)We would use the land i was going to hunt be it private or public. We would have pieces on how we scouted it, how we decided where to set the stands or blinds. and then film away.

Personally, I would like to see more small game hunts and more of the animals that don't really have the trophy status. Hunting rabbits and squirrels both with dogs. I'd also like to see some wild hog hunts. Not shooting them under a feeder, but actually hunting them in big woods.Maybe even running them with some bay dogs. I guess what i'm saying is that I'd like to see more of a variety hunting show. Something to get away from just deer, elk, turkey, bear, caribou, moose. It almost seems like that's all you see in more than 90% of the shows out there.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Spike

I think the idea about the "Average Joe" type hunt would be pretty cool. Try and find some different guys from around the country from all walks of life and hunt with them and show how the regular guy hunts. One thing I have never seen on a show is them doing deer drives,which is how almost everyone gun hunts where i live. The kind of hunt where one of the guys posting could shoot 4 or 5 deer in a drive.(party hunting is legal here during the gun seasons. You can put other peoples tags on the deer you shoot as long as you are hunting with them at the time.) Or just have a show that shows how a guy can do a hunt on a tight budget out of his home state. From the drawing the tag process to deciding how to find and hunt public land and then at the end of the episode have the total cost of the hunt broke down in a list (cost of licenses,gas,food,hotels ect.) to show how a guy can have his dream hunt on his own without hunting with guides or going to some kind of game ranch.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:48 AM
Fork Horn

How about a reality show where you pick a dozen states and go into our hunting camps around America not lodges or ranches while hunting w/ the real deer hunters that ingrain tradition with real life situations.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Something from Northern New England.
All the shows consist of everywhere else, let's see if you have what it takes to succeed
I can set you up into some decent areas, the rests up to you!
200+ lb bucks roam these woods, no food plots, no houses, no highways, just hunting the elusive whitetail buck plain and simple.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

I would like to see a variety of things.

Everyones ideas of the average hunter on the average plot of land(public or private)would be nice. Show different states off the beaten path. everyone has seen Iowa, Illonois, Kansas, Mizzou, Wisc, Canada. Alot the guys on here seem to want people to hunt public, go ahead try, also small farms. I live in northern VA and to find a big lot you got to go for a long drive. Most of the places i hunt are in the suburbs and are less then 5acres(like to see a camera man, and a pro hunter try that)

Another idea, which might take a while, is go to an offbeat state, that has trophy cabability and show one farm, and over the next three years show hunting on this farm under stict management and show the improvements. I hunt in VA primarily and i get tired of hearing that there is no point in managing the deer on our property. Im ona large lease and half the guys want to and the other half think there is now way we can grow large bucks even though the neighboring club is under management rules and is doing well, even helping us out. Show those improvements, might help change some peoples thoughts on the subject.

Another idea is to show all the close calls. I hunt some pretty good deer, but 9 times out of 10, i have close calls with the buck(s) im after before i connect. I primarly bow hunt, so 5 yards one way or another can give you a shot or leave you with a broken heart. I always hear, "oh we have been after this guy for ever", and the only thing they show is game cam pics. Show the deer coming in and getting lucking and walking another trail, or be like the Drury bros and show how much you miss, those guys seem to miss all the time, but at least they show it. Show the deer busting you in the stand. These are things that happen in the woods! Show it!!

Show the science behind the stand set up, a lot of guys just see a trail and pick a tree. If you want to help the average hunter, show and tell why the stand is in this particular tree at that particular location.

And these outfitter shows drive me nuts! I have beenwith outfitters before, and if i dont have a camera crew behind me you can bet your butt that really good lease they have i will never see. Instead ill be over there hunting that other lease with all the other guys in camp seeing scrubs all day. To many people think that these outfitters have the best spots on the planet and there going to drop thousands of dollars and go hunt the same stand Bill Jordon sits in. Thats why i got to give Lee & Tiffany props, when it comes to whitetails, they seem to never use outfitters, at least there honest, and not giving people a false sense of hope that they going to get those bucks too. they hunt there private managed farms and they say it loud and clear.

Good luck with your show, I hope you mix up from the rest of them. Let us know what show it is, cause if you make some changes suggested on here im sure the guys on here will watch.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Spike

Ideal Hunting Show:

Save the product endorsements forcommercial time.
-
Save the funny stuff we don't need to be entertained.
-
Keep it real.
-
Make it atainable, back it up with a good website full of information.
-
Keep it simple, it does not need to be a dream hunt most of us have a budget.
-

Old 12-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Show an aerial photo of the land...and where the stand you're using is at. Don't just tell us there's "a pine thicket over that'a'way"....or a "picked corn field behind the thicket we're in." Show us the whole setup.

Don't hunt with the significant other. As soon as I see the guy playing with the girl's hair IN STAND....it's time to change the channel. Hunt, don't flirt.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

I love trophy bucks but I am tired of seeing 100 killed a day on tv. Show regular guys with regular equipment shooting regular deer. I love seeing a guy that is proud of taking a doe or a sixer and not having to call it a management buck. Wait for the trophy but don't be ashamed to shot something that small but legal.

Another thing is I like to know what equipment people are using not just the sponsers. I like a hunter to tell what gun, caliber, ammo, and scope.

Get out of TX and the like and go to AL, GA, SC, PA, etc. where regular folks hunt.

Enough outfitter I can't afford, find a hunt club or public land.
one other thing, please dont play goofy music when the deer are walking or when you are about to shoot, is there music playing when you are hunting, well if there is there shouldnt be...

Quick Reply: Idea Hunting Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.