Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you see what I see?

Old 12-10-2008, 01:00 AM

Default RE: Do you see what I see?

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a herpatologist (snake expert) and just a guy who knows a lot about animals as well as being a hunter. We were on the phone so I asked him to look at the animal and his opinion was that it is a bobcat. He said he was 100% sure.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Spike

ok I'm back with the finial report. Conservation check out the guy with 3 big cats on his property as pets. He still has 3. But it's funny that the one that is smaller than the others and younger does not match the age that he should be when permits were issued, but conservation checked him as ok. Conservation then informed me that the picture is that of a bob cat. Case closed. To me strange but I'll take it. Thank you for you looking and giving your input. So they say, so it is, BOB CAT.

Happy hunting, and aim like dinner is walking away.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

I'm from ALabama, and I've heard about these cat sightings for 20 years. There was also one killed about 40 miles from my house this season in West Point, GA. So, although they are not abundant, they are out there. There are a couple of black bears on the hunting club next to ours and you never hear about bear in our area....but they are there.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: supaflav

I'm from ALabama, and I've heard about these cat sightings for 20 years. There was also one killed about 40 miles from my house this season in West Point, GA. So, although they are not abundant, they are out there. There are a couple of black bears on the hunting club next to ours and you never hear about bear in our area....but they are there.
What part of Bama are you in?? West Point isn't far from me either.