Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Poaching $13,000 Ohio Trophy Buck! >

Poaching $13,000 Ohio Trophy Buck!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poaching $13,000 Ohio Trophy Buck!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Poaching $13,000 Ohio Trophy Buck!

I cannot believe how backwards some people are...
where is the sport in that....
Old 12-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chenango Dave

Good post Ryan. I agree.
X2! They are young men and we all made mistakes at that age and I agree with the punishment with the fines, revoking of hunting privelges and community services. I do not agree with taking a man's vehicle. Without that, he will probably loose his job and his life may just go downhill. Throw the book at him, but leave him with a way to earn a living.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Low Rent bastages, makes you sick when people don't respect these animals & play by the rules.
This kind of thing also makes hunters look like crap to anti-hunters--as if we needed any help!!!

Mark
Old 12-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: fastetti

ORIGINAL: Chenango Dave

Good post Ryan. I agree.
X2! They are young men and we all made mistakes at that age and I agree with the punishment with the fines, revoking of hunting privelges and community services. I do not agree with taking a man's vehicle. Without that, he will probably loose his job and his life may just go downhill. Throw the book at him, but leave him with a way to earn a living.
yea on one hand, they are young, and dumb, and who hasnt done something stupid here??. loosing there truck could just cause more problems for them. but on the other hand how else will they learn, they made a mistake and they have to live with the consequences, and hope that they pull there head in, and think about there actions before they do it. like mentioned above, you learn from your mistakes. and as much as i hate poaching if it was my son i wouldnt right him off for life. sure i would make him sorry for what he did, but his young, he will grow up, and look back at this and think what an idiot he was, and pass that onto his kids. mind you my son will be tought that poaching is bad and may resault in loss of limbslol.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:50 AM

I agree, too.

The penalties seem pretty stiff to me. A lot would depend on the attitudes of the boys and their interaction with the officer and other circumstancesif I were handing the penalties out.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Little turds got what they deserved
Old 12-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

I really do want to hand it to the ODNR. I really think they're doing some good things, both for hunters and hunting. I'm not trying to brown nose them or anything because I don't plan on breaking any laws with them again (got busted ca-brew-ing, not hunting or fishing or anything but they saw it and I did it so I paid the fine). I think the bucks have gotten bigger because of regulations, which, who can complain about that? I mean, the way I look at it, if I'm only allowed to take 1 buck a year, why waste my tag on a spike? Let that one go and wait for a better one and he'll grow into a bigger buck for later. I think the idea of not having a rifle season is an ok thing too because it's easy to have a bullet go a long way, but allowing crossbows in the archery season helps make up for the lack of a rifle season because more people can go out for a longer period and hunt more dear. I know some states you're only allowed to hunt with a crossbow in the rifle season. Without a rifle season, that's off the table.

I'm impressed by them. Wildlife seems to be getting better around here and it has nothing to do with outlawing hunting or fishing or trapping. It has to do with allowing people to do it responsibly. If you outlaw it then people will go decimate the wildlife population by poaching.

Only thing I'm not cool with is getting a ticket for ca-brew-ing! We were even picking up litter along the river and they still gave us a ticket! Oh well, do the crime, do the time.

Had to put that in there. Good hunting, everyone.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not sure they forfeited their truck for good. In some states, when you are given a fine, they take posession of your rifle, vehicle, etc and hold it until the fine is paid. If the fine is paid in full on time, personal items are returned but if the fines are not paid, the items are auctioned off to pay that debt.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:28 PM

NICE THANKS FOR THE POST, MAKE'UM PAY....
Old 12-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: RyanATiffany
If you outlaw it then people will go decimate the wildlife population by poaching.
The word "decimate" means "reduced by 1/10th." I'm not sure if that's what you meant. The reason that word has such a negative connotation is because it is a form of group punishment used by the ancientRoman military. They would decimate a unit that screwed up, meaning they killed every 10th member.

Quick Reply: Poaching $13,000 Ohio Trophy Buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.