Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Spike

Default Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

These hunting show I see on TV are stupid..They shoot deer under huge deer feeders and see like thirty 8/9/10/12 pointers all day long.. not real hunting!!! Check out WWW.SHOOTABUCK.COMif you agree!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

if you dont like them dont watch them, but if you enjoy hunting dnt try and crusify another hunter just because you disagree. thats just what the antis want
Old 12-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Spike

Its not that I dont enjoy hunting, I love it. But some of the shows now are so unrealalistic. Its kinda a joke. And the way they hunt over fenced in deer feed is illegal in most northern states. On top of that it not real HUNTING! Basically guided tours on a Deer farm with a tree house over a 100 gallon drum of deer feed. And these guys pay and arm and a leg to do it. Then they tell stories about the mounts on the wall like they acually hunted the buck...LMAO thats not hunting. Its just funny! Its great to harvest deer on deer farms. But dont claim to be hunters!!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're right. I'm so sick of these idiots hunting on game farms and say ("He's a nice buck, but we're going to let him go." "Oh, we can't shoot him, he's not old enough." Or, "I'm not gonna shoot him. He's only in the 150" class"
Old 12-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

dnt get me wrong, i agree totally. i have pretty much stopped watching them because of it. the main ones i watch anymore are ted nugent and tred barta. but my point is even though they dnt hunt the way we doand we may not agree with it, they are a vote for hunting if the need should arise. its kinda like gun ppl. some will defend their boltguns til their dieing breath but would give up semi autos in a heart beat. we gotta stick together regardless of how our feelings are if we wanna keep our rights
Old 12-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Simple, don't like it, don't watch it. Not too hard of a concept, eh?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Spike

Oh I agree hunters got to stick together.. hell yeah. And some of the shows are great.. And I do change the channel when the funny ones come one like Centauri said.. they pass on 150/160 class bucks to get the 170/175.. its just funny.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Simple, don't like it, don't watch it. Not too hard of a concept, eh?
Exactly!!!!!

To the starter of this thread, do you think they just go out for 5 minutes and shoot a deer? Do you think what you see on tv is there entire hunt? Also, some of these show like Lee and Tiffany and Drury's are hunting their own land and yeah, their going to hold out for something big in their eyes, not yours.

I like watching big deer get takendown on a fair chase hunt with a bow,and yes, its hunting and it just happens to be on some of the best whitetail land in the country.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Spike

Guy I understand how it works. And I love a good hunt especially with a bow. but come on. I saw a show the other day, they had 6 bucks in a 30 foot around fenced in area with a huge feeder in the middle. now all these bucks were8 points to 12points. They had said the got in the tree house 85 yrds away and had been there 20 minutes and then a giant jumped the fence and started eating under the feeder. They didnt even wait for him to leave the feeder they dropped him right under the thing and he couldnt jump the fence to run away just died under the feeder. Dont get me wrong I loved seeinga great hunt and all but is that really hunting?It just made me chuckle.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

I tend to agree... this is not hunting. It's selecting. Now if you are into that type of hunting, which I did once in Mexico... wait 200 yards from the feeder, that's fine.

What I get a kick out of on the TV shows is "now wait... wait.... wait until he turns completely broadside... now wait... just another step... wait... now wait... there ya go... BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Where I hunt in upstate Central NY, when the first good opportunity presents itself, I settle the crosshairson the shoulder and BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.