Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 If you are gonna poach deer in Illinois >

If you are gonna poach deer in Illinois

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If you are gonna poach deer in Illinois

Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default If you are gonna poach deer in Illinois

Why in the hell do it during the firearm season. I was back home over the weekend and was reading thru some back issues of the local paper. In the police report section there were about 6 or 7 people from south Louisiana listed who had been arrested for hunting deer without a permit and/or without hunting licenses. First of all, i'm not sure how folks from places like Carencro and Youngsville even found their way to Richland County which is way off the beaten path. But then why hunt during the 3 days of the year when you know the game wardens will be out in force? You could go out the week before and shoot the dam things off the road with a 30-30without much worry. Its like this every damn year. I guess some folks think that it is more justifiable to do it at the same time that others are doing it legally. Just doesnt make sense to me.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you are gonna poach deer in Illinois

Lanse, could you write us all a step by step instructional manual on how to properly poach deer in Illinois? Some of those deep south (south LA.)boys aint so bright.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Simple, most people who poach ain't too bright. They will come up with unique and idiotic ways of getting caught performing their stupid acts for the amusement of us all (even though what they do isn't funny at all).....
Old 12-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Step 1: Don't do it the only time of the year when the game wardens are actually out looking for poachers.

Steps 2-10 See step 1.

Its not just out-of-state folks. Every year you can count on some locals getting popped too for doing it right in the middle of gun season. Just one of those things that makes you scratch your head and then crackopen another beer.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

We got problems here with poachers shooting deer off the highway. Not long ago i pulled a guy out of the ditch that tried to hit a deer feeding off the side of the road(In a newer Superduty too). Some people have creative ways to try and poach.....
Old 12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

People are dumb.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

we had three people shoot three 160" class deer and tons of doeshere in New Ringgold Pennsylvania. It makes me sooo sick. Sometime i feel like taking my .22 out everynight and shoot the tires out of the cars that are poaching. Thanlfully one of the guys got caught, but that will never bring that big buck back to life. The worst part is is that that buck had dual droptines. [:@]
Old 12-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 1shotkill1993

People are dumb.
Thats funny as hell!