Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Horrible Luck This Season, please help!! >

Horrible Luck This Season, please help!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Horrible Luck This Season, please help!!

Old 12-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Spike

Default Horrible Luck This Season, please help!!

So far this season, I have been out a total of 15-17 times. I first hunted on November 1st. and I hunted this morning as it was the first day of gun season here in Ohio. Without counting today, I have seen 1 doe and 1 buck. Thats an entire month with only 2 deer sightings. I passed on the doe, and the buck never came within bow range. This morning I saw 3 doe which came in but left quickly, and one last doe that came sprinting past me (probably got pushed by hunters on nearby farms). I hunt in an area on my uncle's farm where myself and another guy have killed many deer. The other guy shot an 8 point in the area that I hunt on the only weekend morning in November that I didn't go hunting, if I would have went out, it would have been my deer. There are TONS of deer in those woods. Including a 10 point, 7 point, 6 point, and 4 point that we know about, and who knows what else. WHY CAN'T I SEEM TO FIND ANY OF THESE DEER!!! THIS IS TERRIBLE AND SO DISCOURAGING, please help haha
Old 12-01-2008, 06:12 PM
nap

Default RE: Horrible Luck This Season, please help!!

Same here man. just gotta keep on hunting.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you have the same problem as me, I seen quite a few deer during bow season but ever since gun season I havent seen nothing till tonight, about 5:30 2 does came out on the power lines where I was sitting.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Persistance, it will eventually pay off.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Spike

Same here brother...... The 4 day firearm season starts here in IL on Thurs, and I've only seen 1 deer since Oct. 1st!!!! It'll be a lovely 17F to startthe second seasonhere in Central IL on openig day. the colder the better though.....right?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:08 PM

you are doing better than me. 15 sits one doe sighting and she stuck around for a whole 15 seconds before another hunter came walking through the woods and scared her off......darn public land....oh ya and the last time I went out, someone had cut the chain and stolen the ladder of my brothers ladder stand.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

thats why its called hunti not killin. keep going it can only get better.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

know all about it. hunter everyday all day for the week and a half long muzzle loader and rifle season. and nothing!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to here all that! Heard the same from guys around here. I guess a positive way to look at it is the less you see now, the more bigger ones you'll see next year. Keep huntin though and maybe you'll score big.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

keep trying don't give up

Quick Reply: Horrible Luck This Season, please help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.